Are you planning to travel from North Korea to Tanzania? You will want to obtain for a visa online at least two weeks before flying or entering Tanzania. The visa North Korean citizens can get for Tanzania is a volunteer visa meaning you will be working with a host organization and cannot receive money as payment while in Tanzania.
Starting in November 2018, Tanzania began issuing e-Visas so travelers like you can regain your time and money planning your trip to Tanzania.
Frequently Asked Questions for North Koreans Needing a Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. All North Korean citizens must have a valid North Korean passport that will not expire for at least six months from the time you exit Tanzania to obtain a Volunteer e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
For North Korean citizens who have a Volunteer e-Visa, the maximum stay is 90 days Per Entry. You must have a departure date and ticket to show to Immigration Officers before you arrive in Tanzania.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Our Volunteer e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
We know you want an e-Visa fast, so stop waiting at the embassy or consulate and wasting valuable effort, get an e-Visa now online no matter if from your phone, computer, or tablet. There are three processing times and rates for North Korean travelers to choose from. These three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
Be prepared. The online application visa process for North Korean travelers to Tanzania requires pre-planning. Please, have the following documents and information by your side for when you apply for your Volunteer e-Visa online:
- Valid Passport - For traveling, North Korean passports must have at least six months validity from the date you plan on departing from Tanzania.
- Flight Itinerary - You have to be able to show Immigration Officials that you will be heading out of Tanzania by having a ticket of departure that falls within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed in the country.
- Accommodation Details - You will need to provide official details confirming where you will be residing while in Tanzania such as hotel bookings or living arrangements with a host family.
- Volunteer Contract - All North Koreans volunteering in Tanzania must provide an official volunteering contract from the host organization in order to enter Tanzania. Ask your host organization for help.
- Description of Job - You must provide a job description of what you will be doing as a volunteer.
- Evidence of Activities - You will need to provide a detailed report of evidence of the activities you will be doing or have done as a volunteer in Tanzania.
- Passport Scan - You’ll have to upload a scan of your passport bio page for your e-Visa application, and you will need two recent passport photos to enter the country of Tanzania.
- Email Address - Your Volunteer e-Visa will be sent to the valid email address you provide to iVisa.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to present a valid certificate to the Immigration Officer when you arrive in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept various credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. Also, PayPal is a valid payment method.
How long is my Volunteer e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Faster and Secure Tanzania Visa Application for North Koreans
Don’t go to the embassy. Instead, try our faster and secure visa application process that will help you visit Tanzania with less to worry about. We have helped thousands of clients like you confidently get an e-Visa, and we are ready to answer any further questions you have.