To ensure the safety of the citizens as well as of the other travelers in Thailand, some vaccination rules have been set up in this country and are to be followed by all the travelers.
To ensure a safe and healthy journey to Thailand, you must get vaccinated for a couple of infectious diseases to ensure that you do not become the reason to infect the country resulting in giving rise to any endemic disease. The answer to the very common question of the travelers, Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand is yes, you need to get all the vaccination done before you are all set to head towards Thailand. A few diseases like yellow fever, malaria, etc., required proper vaccination, only then you will be granted entry into this country.
Get your travel documents on iVisa.com
- Click on iVisa.com's page.
- Fill in the questionnaire and select a processing speed.
- Review the information to ensure it is 100% correct, and select a processing time.
- Don't forget to pay for the fees required and add the items necessary to process the request.
- Get ready to receive your document!
To Learn more about the same you can read the following questions and answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand?
It's important to count on certain vaccines, but it changes depending on the applicant's country of origin, which is why we recommend checking this page first.
What documents are needed at the time of filling the visa form?
The documents that are needed mandatorily at the time of filling the visa form through iVisa.com for traveling to Thailand are:
- At first, the visa form needs to be filled accurately by all the members traveling.
- Last page of the valid passport is needed.
- Documents bearing personal details.
- PayPal wallet or Credit/Debit card information for payment details.
- Bank statement of your bank.
- Valid travel insurance.
Do I need to show a COVID vaccination certificate to enter Thailand?
Yes, Thailand has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Thailand, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate.
Accepted vaccines are Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sinopharm and Sputnik V.
You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered at least two weeks before traveling.
- NOTE: If you opted to be part of the Alternative Quarantine program, full vaccination is not required under this scheme (read more below in the Quarantine FAQ)
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Thailand?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test after arrival: All travelers will be PCR tested on arrival.
- COVID test in quarantine: Travelers on the Sandbox Programme will be PCR tested in quarantine on day 6/7 and unvaccinated travelers will be PCR tested again in quarantine on day 8/9.
Is quarantine obligatory when I arrive in Thailand?
The following quarantine schemes for entry into Thailand are now in place, you must choose the one most appropriate for you:
A. Test & Go (Exemption from Quarantine): Travel from a port of departure in an eligible country / territory and have stayed in eligible countries / territories for at least 21 consecutive days.
- List of eligible countries - Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam
Exempted from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) after arrival in Thailand.
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before travelling
Booking for 1 day at an approved SHA Extra+ or AQ hotel until a negative result from the PCR test on arrival is received.
Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before travelling.
B. Sandbox programme nationalities: Travellers from any country / territory. Stay in the Sandbox area for 7 days and will be able to travel in Thailand thereafter.
- List of Sandbox areas - Bangkok, Buri Ram, Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Krabi. Loei. Nong Khai. Phangnga, Phetchaburi, Phuket, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, Rayong. Samut Prakan, Surat Thani, Trat, Udon Thani.
Quarantine requirements for Sandbox programme travelers: 7 days in a pre-booked hotel on the approved list of SHA Extra+ or AQ Hotel.
Quarantine testing for Sandbox programme travelers: Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before travelling.
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before travelling.
C. Alternative Quarantine: Travellers from any country / territory. Stay in quarantine for 10/14 days and will be able to travel in Thailand thereafter.
Full vaccination is not required under this scheme
Booking for 10/14 days in approved AQ hotel
What will be the price and the processing time of the visas?
The processing time and the price needed to apply for the visa and health declaration form for travelling to Thailand will depend upon the plan selected by you. The three plans are:
- Standard processing time: This plan will take 6 days to process your health declaration form and the amount charged will be USD 45.00.
- Rush processing service: This plan will take around 4 days for the health declaration form to get processed and the amount charged will be USD 60.00.
- Super Rush processing time: This plan will take only 2 days to complete the visa processing. The amount charged for this is USD 80.00.
Is it safe to apply through iVisa.com?
Yes. You can safely apply for a visa if you are traveling to Thailand using our portal. We provide a safe and secure way to complete all the payments and the transactions of the application process. You can also read the reviews by our past customers to get ensured about the same.
How can I apply for a visa?
To apply for a visa when you wish to travel to Thailand, you need to first fill the visa application form. If you are thinking Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand then yes, you need to get yourself vaccinated for certain diseases to ensure your entry into the country.
What are the terms and conditions for vaccines?
To know about Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand and all the related terms and conditions about the same you can go to the official website and fetch all the related information easily.
How to get assistance for the vaccination process?
If you want to know Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand and get all the details about the process to be followed then you can Learn more about the same by going to the official website and reading all the instructions.
Where can I find more details about the visa application?
To clear the air regarding Do I need a vaccine to travel to Thailand the instructions regarding the application of visa are given clearly on the official website iVisa.com. To know more about this, one can also contact iVisa.com’s customer care portal.
The culture, the people, the rich heritage, and the mind-wobbling scenic beauty of Thailand move every person who goes to visit this beautiful land. Thailand is a country with a large attraction of tourists and travelers from all across the globe. Thailand houses the largest number of Buddhists and monks and is equipped with more than forty-thousand Buddhist temples in the country. The country is also famous for its amazing shops and street food. Traveling to this country is no less than bliss!
Thailand is also famous for its tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins, and temples adorned with Buddha figures. In the capital Bangkok, an ultra-modern cityscape stands alongside tranquil canal-side communities and the iconic temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew). Among the resorts on the nearby beaches are the overflowing Pattaya and the trendy Hua Hin.
Explore this nation without fear, but don't forget to apply for your documents with us first!