Do you need a visa on arrival when you travel to Thailand on a cruise ship? That's actually a great question.
Nationals of over 60 countries do not need a visa to enter Thailand. You will simply need your passport and proof of travel. But there are some other countries that require a Thailand e-Visa on Arrival. The good thing is that with iVisa, you can easily have a pre-registration document that simplifies the process to get your VOA.
But you probably have other doubts, so let’s answer your questions about entering Thailand while on a cruise.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a Visa on Arrival?
It depends on your which country you live in. According to the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, citizens of certain countries must be ready to get a Visa on Arrival when the cruise ship docks in-port.
To know if you're one of the citizens with the opportunity to get the VOA, you can use our visa checker. Simply go to iVisa's Website, write your nationality in the drop-down menu and also Thailand as your destination. That way, you'll know immediately if you're able to apply for a pre-registration with iVisa and also get your Visa On Arrival once you enter the country.
To keep it simpler for you, here's the list of countries that require the Visa on Arrival to enter Thailand:
- Papua New Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
If your country is not listed, most likely, you do not need a visa to enter Thailand by cruise ship. If you are not sure, click on the chat bubble in the lower right-hand corner of your screen and chat with a live agent 24/7.
What is a Thailand visa on Arrival or VOA?
The famous Visa on Arrival or VOA is a program that allows citizens from 19 countries to get a visa once they arrive in Thailand. This visa is offered through an immigration checkpoint.
Does iVisa offer the Thailand VOA?
This is an important question, since iVisa DO NOT issue the actual visa. in iVisa, we offer you a pre-registration service. We made this option in order to simplify the process so citizens applying for it just have to arrive in Thailand and continue as fast as it can be with the second part.
What Thailand's Immigration checkpoints can issue me the VOA?
Here's a list of checkpoints that can grant you the VOA:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiangmai
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong
- Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala
- Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
- Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
- Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint, Rayong
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Samui Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Phuket Immigration Checkpoint, Phuket
- Satun Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Krabi Immigration Checkpoint, Krabi
- Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
How long is my Thailand Visa on Arrival valid for?
Your Visa on Arrival for Thailand expires in valid for 15 days after arrival from date of arrival.
What documents are needed if I want to apply for this visa?
This process can be easier than the contrary to get a consular visa, but you still need some papers to apply. These are the following:
Passport Cover Passport Personal Details Scan Applicant Photo Airline Confirmation Return Ticket Proof of Accommodation
Passport Personal Details Scan
Proof of Accommodation
Remember that it's strictly important to keep these in mind too:
- You have to testify that your visit is for tourism purposes only.
- Your return ticket must be within 15 days of your arrival.
- Your passport must be genuine and should be valid for at least 30 days.
- You have to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- Keep in mind that a fee of 2,000 THB is payable upon entry (it is the stamping fee) and is subject to change without notice.
- You have to give the printed pre-registration document (we give it to you).
- You need to provide The Immigration Card (arrival and departure).
How many days can I stay in Thailand with a Visa on Arrival?
The maximum stay for a VOA to Thailand is 15 days Per Entry.
How do I actually get my Visa on Arrival?
Once you apply for your pre-registration form, you will receive it everything needed via email. Bring this with you when you check into Thailand by an Immigration point and you'll be done faster than do it the whole process by yourself!
How much is the cost for my Visa on Arrival?
Note that the VOA has no cost. The fees mention below are our Service Fee to help you with the pre-registration form without dealing with stressing scenarios or calls-not-answered from the embassy.
For the pre-registration form, we have three rates and processing times for you to choose from.
- Standard Processing - You will receive your pre-registration form within 6 days . The cost will be USD 45.00 .
- Rush Processing - You will receive your pre-registration form within 4 days . The cost will be USD 60.00.
- Super Rush Processing - You will receive your pre-registration form within 2 days . The cost will be USD 80.00.
The cost may slightly vary for each nationality.
Once you arrive at the port of entry with your pre-registration form, you will have to pay 2,000 TBH for stamping for your Visa on Arrival.
Click here for further information on our pre-registration services.
How can I apply for a Thailand Visa on Arrival?
You should know that iVisa offers a quite simple application form. The information you offer is minimal and if you need some help, you can call our support service center anytime. Highly qualified visa experts are ready to take your call and assist you through the steps.
The application form consists of two easy steps:
The first step will ask you to fill in your personal information. It should take you a couple of minutes to properly complete this part. Also, step one will require that you to choose a processing time.
Once you finish the first part, you can move on to step two. This stage consists of payment and revision with a lot of caution. You can make the payment using a credit or debit card, and just for your information, iVisa accepts PayPal as well. We mentioned that you have to keep a caution with it because it is crucial that you verify every piece of information you provide - it is best if you double or triple-check everything you fill in. After your application is sent, it is impossible to make any revisions.
Once you finish both steps, all that is left for you to do is hit the submit button and wait for your VOA to arrive.
How many times can I enter Thailand with a VOA?
Your Visa on Arrival has Single Entry. This means you can enter multiple times to the country, as long as you don't exceed the expire limit.
How safe is to use iVisa to proceed my Pre-Registration to the VOA?
We can ensure that it is completely safe. You don't have to waste too much time in a long line to get you VOA. With iVisa, your valuable time is saved just for you. It's true that you have to pay a fee, but it's not expensive compared to all the things you have to spend by doing the whole process by yourself.
It's true that there are a lot of travelers believing that online information is delicate at the extreme so you can't give it to anyone. This is actually true in a part, since your information is precious and shouldn't be shared like that, but that's why we make sure that your personal data is completely protected thanks to our modern system and our professional team.
You can check what thousands of happy clients say about us here.
What if I'm not elegible to get a Thai VOA?
Citizens who are not eligible to enter Thailand under the Visa on Arrival and Visa Exemption Rule must obtain visas with the Royal Thai Embassy before they enter the country.
Where can I read more info about this VOA?
Don't stress at all and relax a little bit more while planning your trip with this option iVisa offers you. Don't worry about making another long line in the airport, and just focus on arriving in Thailand. Apply for this visa now and start your joyful trip!