Sometimes trips do not go according to plan, and unforeseeable circumstances may occur. When that happens, you need to find a solution fast. There are two situations in which you may be looking for a method to get a visa in Kampala, Uganda. After all, you are already there, and depending on your particular situation, you may end up fined, prosecuted, or even deported. However, do not lose your hope. There are chances you can continue your trip. All you have to do is apply for an extension or apply for a Uganda visa altogether.
The first scenario is that you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country whose stay is about to expire. As you may already know, visa-exempt nationalities can cross the Ugandan border with a passport. They do not need a visa. However, there is a catch. If you travel to Uganda in these circumstances, you are allowed to stay no more than 90 days. After that period expires, you either need to leave, or you need a visa. And this is where Kampala intervenes. The first thing you need to make sure is that your staying period has not expired yet. To apply for a Uganda visa, you need to be in the country legally, within the 90-day period. All you have to do is go to an immigration office and apply for a visa in Kampala, Uganda. Of course, there are other regional offices throughout the country, and you can ask around.
The second scenario is that you already applied for a Uganda visa, but since your visa allows only a 90-day stay, you need to go back to where you come from. However, if the circumstances require you to stay longer than 90 days, you need to apply for an extension. You can do that y visiting the immigration headquarters in Kampala, Uganda, or you can search for a regional office. As it is with the previous scenario, you must apply for an extension before your visa expires.
What are the consequences of a no visa/expired visa situation?
When you go to Uganda, and you fail to apply for a visa or an extension after the 90-day period expires, there are three things that can happen. The first one is that you get a fine. The amount is $30/day. So, if you stay in Uganda 3 more days than you are allowed, you need to pay a $90 fine. The second consequence is that you can be prosecuted. Since you are in a foreign country, you do not want that to happen. The third is that you get deported. Nobody wants that either. That is why the best thing you can do is apply for a visa or an extension before any of those consequences have the chance to occur.
As for the maximum period you can spend in Uganda after you get your visa or extension, the visa policy of Uganda states very clearly that all foreigners cannot spend more than 180 days per year inside the country. So, if your visa allows you a 90-day stay, you cannot extend it for more than 90 days. Usually, the extensions are 30 days, but you can get multiple until you reach 180 days.
Apply for a Uganda Visa
- Can Australian citizens get a Uganda visa on arrival?
- Can I get a Uganda Visa online?
- Can I get a visa in Kampala, Uganda?
- Can I still get a Uganda Visa On Arrival?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the Entebbe airport?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the airport?
- Everything you need to know about the Uganda visa application
- How to get a Uganda e-visa
- How to get a Uganda e-visa for US citizens
- How to get a Uganda visa?
- How to get a Uganda visa at an embassy
- How to get a Uganda visa for UK citizens
- How to obtain a Uganda visa
- How to obtain a Uganda visa in Nigeria?
- Is a Uganda visa on arrival for Indians available?
- Special circumstances for the citizens of Uganda visa-free countries
- The easiest way to apply for a Uganda visa
- Uganda Visa Cost
- Uganda Visa for Indian citizens
- Uganda Visa processing time
- Uganda visa for Australian citizens
- Uganda visa for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan
- Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
- Uganda visa types
- What are the Uganda visa requirements?
- What are the most common Uganda visa problems?
- What is the Uganda visa photo size?
- What you need to know about the Uganda Travel Visa
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in London?
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in New York?