As of July 2016, the government of Uganda has allowed the release of electronic visas for all eligible nationalities. As a result, you can now get a Uganda e-visa online. The process is straightforward, the requirements are easy to meet, it does not take much of your time, and it is affordable. iVisa can help you every step of the way, and just in case you need some help, you can refer to their excellent support service which is available by chat or phone 24/7.
Uganda e-visa requirements
In order to apply online for a Uganda e-visa, you need to meet some basic requirements. Even so, there is nothing out of the ordinary, and chances are that you already have what you need. You should also know that there are three types of visas, and while the requirements are pretty much the same, some of the may ask for additional documents. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders, and the document must maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Uganda.
- A copy of the passport – the information page is what matters the most
- A recent passport-sized photo
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever – in case you do not have this document once you arrive in Uganda, you may be subjected to vaccination on arrival, and some possible quarantine measures may be taken. It is best if you check this off the list before you leave.
The requirements above apply for the Uganda Tourist e-visa. If you want to apply for a Uganda Transit e-visa, you also need a letter in which you mention the reason for transit and the final destination of your trip. The East Africa Tourist Visa requires all of the bullet points above plus a travel itinerary and a return flight ticket.
How to apply for a Uganda e-visa?
The application process provided by iVisa could not be simpler. The application form consists of three simple steps that you can be done within just 15 minutes. The first one will require you to fill in your basic information such as name, passport info, date of birth, address, and so on. At this point, you must also choose the visa type from the drag-down menu, and select a processing time. Keep in mind that the last two aspects determine the cost of your Uganda e-visa. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa application is processed within 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush processing – the waiting period is only 2 business days, but the price goes higher to $116.30.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application form is processed within just 1 business day, but you have to pay a total of $151.30.
Keep in mind that the fees above apply to the Uganda Tourist Visa and the transit e-visa. The cost of an East Africa Visa is $148, $178, and $213 respectively, for each processing time.
The second step consists of a simple revision of step one and payment. Make sure that every piece of information you provide is 100% accurate because corrections are impossible to make after your application form is processed. Payment can be made using multiple means such as credit/debit card, Paypal, and more.
The last step will ask you to upload additional documents, but this step is not the same for everyone. It is on a case by case basis. Even so, you will be notified of everything you need to upload. After you are done, just submit the application and wait for your visa to arrive via e-mail. The document you receive allows you a maximum stay of 90 days, and you have a single entry, except for the East Africa Visa that allows you multiple entries. As you can see, iVisa has a simple but efficient application process that is meant to make your life easier.
Apply for a Uganda Visa
- Can Australian citizens get a Uganda visa on arrival?
- Can I get a Uganda Visa online?
- Can I get a visa in Kampala, Uganda?
- Can I still get a Uganda Visa On Arrival?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the Entebbe airport?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the airport?
- Everything you need to know about the Uganda visa application
- How to get a Uganda e-visa
- How to get a Uganda e-visa for US citizens
- How to get a Uganda visa?
- How to get a Uganda visa at an embassy
- How to get a Uganda visa for UK citizens
- How to obtain a Uganda visa
- How to obtain a Uganda visa in Nigeria?
- Is a Uganda visa on arrival for Indians available?
- Special circumstances for the citizens of Uganda visa-free countries
- The easiest way to apply for a Uganda visa
- Uganda Visa Cost
- Uganda Visa for Indian citizens
- Uganda Visa processing time
- Uganda visa for Australian citizens
- Uganda visa for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan
- Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
- Uganda visa types
- What are the Uganda visa requirements?
- What are the most common Uganda visa problems?
- What is the Uganda visa photo size?
- What you need to know about the Uganda Travel Visa
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in London?
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in New York?