A trip to Uganda requires you to obtain a visa except if you are from a visa-exempt country. That means you need to apply for a visa, online or at the nearest embassy of Uganda. While some people prefer an embassy, we advise you to use the service provided by iVisa. The process is entirely online, you do not need much time, and your visa can arrive in as little as 1 business day. It only takes 15 minutes to apply, and iVisa has an excellent support service 24/7 just in case you need some help.
What are the requirements?
Before you access the application page and start filling in the form, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Even so, there is nothing out of the ordinary, and chances are you already have some of the things you need. Here is a list of the requirements:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders, and the document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Uganda.
- Copy of the passport’s information page
- Passport-sized photo
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – failure to comply with this requirements will subject you to a mandatory Yellow fever immunization when you arrive in Uganda. Some quarantine measures may also be taken. Children under 5 years old must be vaccinated for polio.
If you need a Uganda transit visa, you must also have a letter in which you declare your reason for transit, as well as the country of destination. The East Africa Visa requires, along with the items above, an itinerary and a return flight ticket.
How much does the Uganda visa cost?
If you use the services of iVisa when you apply online, the cost of a Uganda e-visa is affordable. Moreover, the prices depend on which visa type you request and the selected processing time. As for the latter, iVisa provides what embassies do not, and that is the option of choosing how much you spend on a visa. Here are the available options:
- Standard processing time – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the fee is $86.30.
- Rush processing time – this time, your visa will be ready within 2 business days, but you need to pay $116.30
- Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you have. It costs you $151.30, but your visa application is processed within just 1 business day.
The fees above apply to the Uganda Tourist visa and the transit visa, but the East Africa visa costs $148, $178, and $213 respectively. iVisa accepts multiple means of payment such as credit/debit cards, Paypal account, WeChat, and Alipay.
What does the application form entail?
The application form designed by iVisa is one of the most straightforward form you will ever have completed. It consists of three simple steps. The first one will ask you to fill in your basic information, choose the visa type, and you must also pick a processing time. The second step will require you to make the payment and revise every single piece of information you provided in step one. That is crucial since corrections are impossible to make after your application is processed. Last but not least, the third step will ask you to upload some documents. That can differ from person to person, but iVisa will let you know exactly what you need to provide.
As you can see, the information above should clarify you on how to get a Uganda visa. iVisa will handle all the bureaucracy for you so that you can lay back and relax. The visa you receive via e-mail in PDF format allows you to spend up to 90 days in Uganda, and you have a single entry. The only exception is the East Africa Visa, which allows multiple entries.