Australia is one of the many countries whose citizens are no longer required to visit the Ugandan embassy to acquire their visa. Instead, you get to apply online, and all you need are a few documents and 15 minutes of your time to fill in an application. iVisa will help you every step of the way, and after you are done, they will start working on your behalf. The Uganda visa for Australia citizens is more accessible than ever, and you can have it in your e-mail inbox in no more than 24 hours.
What are the requirements?
Before moving on to the application form, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements to obtain a Uganda visa for Australian citizens. Luckily, the requirements are pretty much the same for everyone, and you should have no trouble meeting them. All you need to do is provide iVisa with the necessary information and documents, and then they will do all the hard work for you. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – all travelers must have a passport, and the document must keep its validity for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda.
- Copy of your passport’s information page
- A passport-sized photo
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – if you are not vaccinated against Yellow fever, you will be subjected to vaccination when you arrive in Uganda. Some quarantine measures may be taken too.
Those are the requirements if you apply for a Uganda tourist visa, but if you need a visa for transit, you also need a letter that contains your reason for transit and the country of destination. For an East Africa visa, you need an itinerary and a return flight ticket as well.
Uganda visa for Australian citizens – processing time and fees
The cost of your visa is determined by two factors: the processing time and the visa type. The processing time is chosen by you when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you something that no embassy does, and that is the opportunity to choose between three processing times depending on your necessities and budget. They are as follows:
- Standard processing– your application is processed within 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush processing–your visa will be ready within 2 business days, and you need to pay $116.30
- Super Rush processing– this is the fastest option you have. It costs you $151.30, and your visa application is processed within just 1 business day.
The visa type affects the price, as in it takes it higher, only if you apply for the East Africa visa. The tourist and the transit visas come at the same rates, the ones mentioned above, but the East Africa visa costs $148, $178, and $213 respectively for each processing time.
All in all, a Uganda visa for Australian citizens is very accessible these days. iVisa will do all the hard work. The 3-step application form is comprehensible and easy to go through, the fees are affordable, and your effort overall is close to a minimum. The visa arrives in PDF format via e-mail, and you need to print it out before you leave. You can stay in Uganda for maximum 90 days, and you are allowed a single entry. Only the East Africa visa allows multiple.