To travel to Uganda, citizens of other countries, including Ecuador, need to get a visa before their trip. If you’re passing through Uganda and just need to catch a connecting flight, you can do that without a visa, but you won’t be able to leave the airport.
But whatever your travel plans are, there’s a simple alternative to visiting an embassy or consulate to get a visa. It’s called the e-Visa, in the Republic of Uganda has been issuing them since July of 2016. The process is all online, and you can easily get your e-Visa before you leave on your trip.
With a Uganda e-Visa, you can leave the airport for a vacation, tour, or just a short stop during a layover.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Citizens of Ecuador
Before you apply for a Uganda e-Visa, learn about the different options. Depending on how much time you want to spend in Uganda, you’ll choose either a Tourist e-Visa, a Transit e-Visa, or an East African e-Visa.
The Transit e-Visa is the best way to spend a long layover. It’s also perfect when you’re in a hurry. With the Transit e-Visa, you can see the sights of Uganda for three days before catching your next flight. Get a Transit e-Visa here.
With the Tourist e-Visa, you can’t work or study, but you’ll have up to 45 days to relax, unwind, and take in the beauty of Uganda.
The Tourist e-Visa allows for one entry into Uganda, and you have 90 days to use it once you’ve arrived in Uganda. After you’ve entered the country, you can spend 45 days there before departing. Like all e-Visas, you can get the Tourist e-Visa with a simple and secure online application.
East African e-Visa
The East African e-Visa gives you an unparalleled experience of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. With this e-Visa, you’ll have unlimited entries in Rwanda and Kenya during your 45 days in Uganda. Apply for an East African e-Visa here.
Don’t waste your time getting your visa from the consulate or the embassy. Get an e-Visa instead. The e-Visa application is fast and secure, and you’ll be on your way in no time.
For even faster processing, you can have these documents with you while you apply:
- A valid passport — Be sure you have a current passport, and that the expiration date is not in the next six months.
- A recent passport photo — Scan the photo from your passport and upload it when you apply for your e-Visa.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — Once you’ve arrived in Uganda, you’ll need to explain why you’re coming to the country and for how long.
- Email address — This is the email address we’ll use when we send you your e-Visa, so make sure it’s the right one. When you get the e-Visa, print it out and be sure to bring it with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Uganda requires this. Some other countries don’t, but it’s always recommended that you get immunized before you visit any country in Africa.
- Payment method — You can pay using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Whichever you prefer, have it ready at checkout.
You can always trust us to get you where you’re going, as fast and as smoothly as possible. We hope you enjoy your trip!