If you’re from Ethiopia and you want to visit Uganda, you’ll be happy to know that a visa is easier than ever for travelers to get. A visa will allow you to leave the airport and enter Uganda.
In July of 2016, Uganda started issuing e-Visas. This type of visa became available for travelers from all around the world, including Ethiopia, and it’s just as good as a traditional visa. Ethiopian travelers don’t have to go to the embassy or consulate anymore
Types of Uganda E-Visas for Ethiopian Citizens
When you plan to travel from Uganda to Ethiopia, think about the kind of experience you want to have, and choose the e-Visa that’s the best fit. Read about the three levels of e-Visa: Transit e-Visa, Tourist e-Visa, and East African e-Visa.
Are you only looking to spend a short time in Uganda? The Transit e-Visa lets you do this. Ethiopians can spend up to three days sightseeing, relaxing, or just enjoying the local culture. With a Transit e-Visa, you don’t have to spend your layover stuck in the airport.
You don’t need a Transit e-Visa if you’re content to stay in the airport. But if you know that your layover will be a long one, why not plan to spend the time touring a beautiful country? Apply here for a Transit e-Visa.
If you’d rather stay in Uganda for more than a few days, you should consider the Tourist e-Visa. This e-Visa will give you plenty of time for everything that Uganda has to offer travelers from Ethiopia. Once you arrive, you can relax and enjoy the culture, shopping, food, sightseeing, or romantic getaways.
Tourist e-Visas are valid for 90 days before you enter Uganda. Once you enter the country, you’ll get to spend up to 45 days, doing whatever you most enjoy doing. Get your Tourist e-Visa with a simple and secure online application.
East Africa E-Visa
If you want the full experience of East Africa, get the East African e-Visa instead. You’ll not only get the same amount of time in Uganda, but you can visit Rwanda and Kenya whenever you like as long as you’re there. Apply for an East African e-Visa here.
Instead of embassy paperwork, use a simple online application instead, before you even leave for your trip. All you need are a few documents.
Have these handy when you apply:
- A valid passport — Your passport should be current, which means that the expiration date should be six months away.
- A recent passport photo — Scan this and submit it during the online application process.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will want to know why you’re traveling and how long you plan to spend in Uganda. You’ll also need to have your return ticket.
- Email address — We’ll send you your e-Visa confirmation to whatever email address you give us on the application. After a quick and easy verification process, you can print your e-Visa. Be sure to bring it with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — While not all countries require this, Uganda does. And this vaccine is strongly recommended when traveling to any African country.
- Payment method — We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal. Use whichever you prefer at checkout.
We give all our customers a safe, secure, and stress-free application process. We look forward to helping you get your Uganda e-Visa.