If you’re planning to travel from Iceland to Uganda, you should get a visa.
The Republic of Uganda has made the process easier by issuing digital visas, called e-Visas. With e-Visas, the process is simpler than it used to be. You won’t get an e-Visa from an embassy, but from our simple online application. It’s a great option for tourists, vacationers, and anyone else who wants to see Uganda from Iceland.
Depending on your travel needs, there are different types of e-Visa that you can choose from, but whichever one you apply for, the process is easy, fast, and completely secure.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Citizens of Iceland
You have three options to choose from when getting a Uganda e-Visa. Read about the differences between the Transit, Tourist, and East Africa e-Visas below. Decide what kind of travel experience you want to have and choose accordingly.
The Transit e-Visa is an excellent choice for travelers from Iceland who want a short experience of Uganda. With this e-Visa, you can do what you want in Uganda for up to three days. Get your Transit e-Visa right here.
For a longer travel experience, get the Tourist e-Visa. With it, you’ll have all the time you require to enjoy Uganda.
When you arrive in Uganda, you will have 90 days to use your Tourist e-Visa. You can enter the country once and spend up to 45 days before departure. You can get a Tourist e-Visa here.
East African e-Visa
There’s one more option for travelers who want the full experience of traveling to Africa: the East Africa e-Visa. You’ll have the same opportunity to explore Uganda, but you’ll also get to visit Rwanda and Kenya. The East Africa e-Visa gives you the freedom to enter and exit Rwanda and Kenya as many times as you’d like during your 45-day stay. Get your Transit e-Visa here.
Instead of going to embassies and consulates, choose the e-Visa instead. Use the online e-Visa application and bring these documents:
- A valid passport — The expiration date on your passport should be at least six months out from the date of your arrival.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and turn it in with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will want to know your reasons for traveling, and how long you plan to stay in Uganda.
- Email address — This is where we’ll send your e-Visa once your information has been verified. Once you receive your e-Visa, you can use it once you arrive or print out a copy to keep with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Not all countries require this, but it’s recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — You can pay for your e-Visa by using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your preferred method of payment ready before you check out.
We’ll take the hassle out of your travel plans. Have a great trip to Uganda.