If you live in Kiribati and you plan to go to Uganda, we want to tell you about a new and efficient way to get a Uganda visa: the e-Visa.
Since July of 2016, Uganda’s e-Visa program has been giving citizens of Kiribati a chance to visit Uganda without the hassle of the traditional visa process. Instead of visiting the embassy or consulate, travelers can apply online with a secure application.
Whatever you plan to do in Uganda, there’s an e-Visa that can make it easy.
Three e-Visa Options for Citizens of Kiribati Traveling to Uganda
Which e-Visa do you need? Learn about the three levels of e-Visas.
This is the preferred e-Visa is the preferred choice for travelers from Kiribati who can only make a short foray into Uganda. The Transit e-Visa allows for 3 days in Uganda before departure. You can apply for one here.
The Tourist E-Visa is for the traveler who wants to spend as much time in Uganda as possible. With this option, you can lay back, see friends and family, or go on a tour. You’ll have all the time in the world to do anything you like in the beautiful country of Uganda.
This single-entry e-Visa is valid for 90 days from the time you arrive. Once you’re inside Uganda, you can spend 45 days before your return flight or next stop. To get your Tourist E-Visa, just apply here.
East Africa e-Visa
This option lets you see Uganda as well as its neighboring countries. With the East Africa e-Visa, you’ll have full access to Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya, entering and exiting without restrictions at any point of your 45-day stay. Apply for an East Africa e-Visa here.
Get your e-Visa quickly and easily with our secure E-Visa application. You’ll just need these things:
- A valid passport — Your passport is the most important when applying for any type of visa. For an e-Visa, make sure your passport isn’t expired, and that the expiration date is at least six months away from the time you arrive in Uganda.
- A recent passport photo — You’ll need to scan this and turn it in with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — Once you arrive, the Republic of Uganda will need to know why you’re traveling there and how long you plan to stay before departing.
- Email address — This is where we’ll send your E-Visa once your information has been verified. Once you receive your E-Visa, you can use it once you arrive or print out a copy to keep with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Not all countries require this, but it’s recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — You can pay for your E-Visa by using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your preferred method of payment ready before you check out.
You can always count on us for a safe, secure, and easy application process. Have a good trip!