If you’re in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and you want to make a trip to Uganda, you should get an e-Visa. It’s easy, and you don’t have to get it from an embassy or consulate.
The Republic of Uganda made these types of visa available in July of 2016. The e-Visa application process is online, so you don’t have to leave your home until you’re ready for your trip.
It’s the best option for people who come from North Korea for vacation in Uganda, but it’s also great for a layover. The application for Uganda’s e-Visa is completely secure and is always hassle-free. Get one here.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Travelers from North Korea
When you’re traveling to Uganda from North Korea, you have three choices of e-Visa. Depending on what you want to do in Uganda and how long you want to stay.
A long layover is a popular reason to get the Transit e-Visa. You can’t leave the airport and enter the country without a visa, but with a Transit e-Visa, you have up to three days to experience as much of Uganda before it’s time for your next stop. Get a Transit e-Visa here.
If you want more time in Uganda, you can have it with the Tourist e-Visa. With this e-Visa, travellers from North Korea can spend 45 days unwinding, visiting loved ones, and taking in the scenery and culture of Uganda.
The Tourist e-Visa must be used within 90 days from when you arrive, and it’s good for one entry. After you make your entry, you’ll have up to 45 days do whatever you’d life. Just use our secure online application.
East Africa e-Visa
For travelers from North Korea and around the world, this is the ticket to the ultimate East Africa experience. If you get the East Africa e-Visa you’ll get to visit Rwanda and Kenya along with Uganda during your 45-day trip. This e-Visa lets you enter and exit Rwanda and Kenya whenever you like. Apply for an East Africa e-Visa here.
Getting an e-Visa makes travelling simple. With our online application, you’ll be on your Ugandan journey before you know it.
Have the following documents nearby when you’re applying:
- A valid passport — Please make sure that your passport is current, and that the expiration date is at least six months out.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and include it with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will need to know why you are traveling, and how long you plan to stay in Uganda.
- Email address — This is where you will receive your e-Visa after your information has been verified. Once you receive your e-Visa, you can use it upon arrival or simply print out a copy to keep with you after you arrive.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Not all countries require this, but it’s recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — We accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your preferred method of payment ready before you check out.
We wish you a great trip to Uganda!