If you’re a citizen of the Dominican Republic, you’ll need to get a visa before you travel to Uganda or another East African country. But fortunately, you don’t have to go to an embassy or consulate anymore. You can get an e-Visa instead, through a secure online application.
In July of 2016, the Republic of Uganda started issuing e-Visas to travelers from countries all over the world, including the Dominican Republic. There are e-Visas for vacationers, tourists, or just people stopping through on the way to their next destination. With the East Africa e-Visa, you can even visit Rwanda and Kenya during your trip.
You don’t need a visa to catch a connecting flight, but without one, you won’t be able to leave the airport and see any of these beautiful countries. Get an e-Visa before you leave for the fullest possible travel experience.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Citizens of the Dominican Republic
There are three levels of e-Visas for travelers from the Dominican Republic. To decide which is right for you, read about the differences here.
The Transit e-Visa allows up to a three-day in Uganda, so if you don’t have a lot of time to spend, this is a great choice. With the Transit e-Visa, travelers from the Dominican Republic can explore the beauty of Uganda between destinations, instead of spending the time in an airport. Get a Transit e-Visa right here.
If you want more than a few days in Uganda, the Tourist e-Visa is a better option than the Transit e-Visa. With the Tourist e-Visa, you can fit a lot more of Uganda’s culture into your travel experience. Once you enter, you’ll have for all the sightseeing that you can do in 45 days.
The Tourist e-Visa is valid up to 90 days and is good for one entry into Uganda. Once you’re in Uganda, you can stay for up to 45 days before departure. Get a Tourist e-Visa here.
East Africa e-Visa
Want to experience more than one country in East Africa? Travelers from the Dominican Republic can choose the East African e-Visa. This option gives you full access to Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya, and you can spend up to 45 days exploring them. You can enter Rwanda and Kenya as many times as you want with the East African e-Visa. Get yours here.
Skip the hassle of an embassy or consulate trip. Get an e-Visa before you leave, with our secure online application. You can save even more trouble by keeping the following documents with you during the application:
- A valid passport — The expiration date on your passport should be at least six months out from the date of your arrival.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and turn it in with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will want to know your reasons for traveling, and how long you plan to stay in Uganda.
- Email address — This is where we’ll send your e-Visa once your information has been verified. Once you receive your e-Visa, you can use it once you arrive or print out a copy to keep with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Not all countries require this, but it’s recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — You can pay for your e-Visa by using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your preferred method of payment ready before you check out.
You’ll always have a smooth trip with us. We look forward to serving you.