Is Uganda on your travel itinerary? Unless you’re just visiting Uganda for a connecting flight, you’ll need a visa. You can’t enter the country without one.
Fortunately, you don’t have to go to an embassy or consulate to get your Uganda visa anymore. In July of 2016, the Republic of Uganda started issuing e-Visas to travelers from Egypt and many other parts of the world. With an e-Visa, you can go on vacation, visit people you may know, or just spend a day in Uganda or the neighboring countries of Rwanda and Kenya.
A simple online application is all it takes to get a Uganda e-Visa. You can start applying right here, or you can read on to learn about the different types of e-Visa and which one is right for you.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Citizens of Egypt
Ready to apply for your Uganda e-Visa? Decide what kind of travel experience you want to have and choose the e-Visa level that’s the best fit for you.
With the Transit e-Visa, you are free to experience Uganda for up to three days while you wait for your next flight. It’s a great way to enrich your travel experience when you don’t have a lot of time to spare, or when you are expecting a long layover in Uganda. Get a Transit e-Visa here.
The Tourist e-Visa will let you relax and unwind for up to 45 days in Uganda. With this e-Visa, you can enjoy a longer stay in Uganda, whether you’re there to visit loved ones or on vacation.
The Tourist e-Visa allows for one entry into Uganda. It is valid for up to 90 days after arrival. Once you’ve entered Uganda, you’ll then have 45 days to stay. You can get the Tourist e-Visa with our simple and secure online application.
East African e-Visa
The East African e-Visa is the ultimate e-Visa for experiencing Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. With this e-Visa, you’ll have free access to these countries for up to 45 days, which includes unlimited entries into Rwanda and Kenya. Apply for an East African e-Visa here.
Why waste your time at consulates and embassies? Get an e-Visa instead, with the simple and secure online application and the following documents:
- A valid passport — Your passport must be current, and the expiration date should be at least six months from the time you plan to arrive in Uganda.
- A recent passport photo — You’ll need to scan this and include it with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — Once you arrive, the Republic of Uganda will need to know why you’re traveling there and how long you plan to stay before departing.
- Email address — This is where we’ll send your e-Visa after we verify your information. After you receive your e-Visa, you can use it once you arrive or print out a copy to keep with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Although not required for all countries, it is recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — Pay for your e-Visa via PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your chosen method of payment ready at checkout.
We strive to make your trip to Uganda as hassle-free as possible. Thank you for choosing e-Visa.