If you’re a citizen of Japan and you need to make a trip to Uganda, make it easier with an e-Visa. This is a stress-free alternative to the traditional visa, one that doesn’t require a visit to the embassy or consulate.
Since 2016, the Republic of Uganda has been offering e-Visas to travelers from across the globe. Japan is one of the many countries that can take advantage of this service, so if you’re planning to travel from Japan to Uganda, skip the embassy and complete a simple, secure, and easy online application.
There are e-Visas for any kind of trip to Uganda, from long vacations to quick excursions out of the airport during a layover. If you get the East Africa e-Visa, you can visit Rwanda and Kenya in the same trip.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Travelers from Japan
If you’re going to Uganda from Japan, know about the three types of e-Visa. Choose according to why you’re traveling to Uganda, and when you’ll be ready to leave.
Spending a long layover in Uganda shouldn’t be something to dread. With the Transit e-Visa, you’re free to leave the airport and spend up to three days in Uganda. Experience the beauty of Uganda’s culture before going to your next destination. Get a Transit e-Visa here.
For a richer experience of Uganda’s culture, get the Tourist e-Visa instead of the Transit e-Visa. With this option, travelers from Japan can have unwind, visit loved ones, or explore the country for 45 days. It’s plenty of time to take in the beauty of Uganda’s culture.
The Tourist e-Visa must be used within 90 days from when you arrive. It’s good for one entry into Uganda. And gives you up to 45 days to spend however you desire. Get yours with our secure online application.
East African e-Visa
For travelers from Japan, this is the premier choice in e-Visas for the East African experience. With the East African e-Visa you can add Rwanda and Kenya to your Uganda trip, and you’ll have 45 days to enter and exit them as you please. Apply for an East African e-Visa here.
Getting an e-Visa takes the stress out of your travel plans. Use our online application to get your Uganda e-Visa in no time. Make sure you have the following documents:
- A valid passport — Please make sure that your passport is current, and that the expiration date is at least six months out.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and include it with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will need to know why you are traveling, and how long you plan to stay in Uganda.
- Email address — This is where you will receive your e-Visa after your information has been verified. Once you receive your e-Visa, you can use it upon arrival or simply print out a copy to keep with you after you arrive.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Not all countries require this, but it’s recommended that you get immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa.
- Payment method — We accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. To save time, have your preferred method of payment ready before you check out.
Enjoy your trip to Uganda.