Do you reside in Mozambique? If you’ve always wanted to visit Uganda, there’s a simple way to do that. Just get an e-Visa, and you won’t have to visit embassies or consulates to go to Uganda. Instead, there’s a simple online application.
In July of 2016, the Republic of Uganda has made this type of visa available to travelers from most countries worldwide, including Mozambique. There’s an e-Visa option for many different types of travelers. Whether you’re in Uganda for vacation or just passing through, the Uganda e-Visa can get you where you need to be.
If you don’t get an e-Visa, you can still board a connecting flight out of Uganda, but you’ll miss out on a chance to explore the country. It’s worth it for any traveler to consider an e-Visa, with how simple the application process is.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Travelers from Mozambique
You have three types of e-Visa to choose from, depending on how much time you have to spend in Uganda and what your other plans are. The process is easy whether you opt for the Transit, Tourist, or East African e-Visa.
With a Transit e-Visa, Mozambique citizens can leave the airport and enter Uganda. This e-Visa gives you the opportunity to take a few days in Uganda during a layover, or when you just don’t want a lengthy vacation. It’s the best way to spend a long layover, so get a Transit e-Visa right here.
The Tourist e-Visa lets Mozambique travelers more time to spend in Uganda. With the Tourist e-Visa, you’ll have a longer and much less rushed experience in this beautiful country, and you can take many of the tours. If you’d rather just relax, this e-Visa is perfect for that, too.
The Tourist e-Visa needs to be used within 90 days after your arrival, and it allows for one entry into Uganda. Once you’ve entered the country, you’ll have 45 days to do whatever you want there. Get your Tourist e-Visa here.
East African e-Visa
If you want an even better trip to Africa, why not add Rwanda and Kenya, too? With the East African e-Visa, travelers from Mozambique can spend 45 days in Uganda, just like with the Tourist e-Visa. But they can also enter and exit Rwanda and Kenya multiple times during their stay. Have the full experience with the East African e-Visa.
The e-Visa experience takes away the hassle of going to embassies or consulates. Get one before you start your trip, with a secure online application.
You’ll need these documents:
- A valid passport — A current passport, one that won’t expire for at least six months, is needed to travel to Uganda.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and include it when you submit the online application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will need you to have your return ticket before you can enter the country, so get this before you leave for your trip. You’ll also need to explain your reasons for traveling
- Email address — The email address you give us on the application is the one we’ll send your e-Visa to. After a quick verification process, you can print your e-Visa and bring it with you when you leave.
- Yellow fever vaccination — Uganda requires this, and it’s recommended for all African countries, even where it’s not explicitly required.
- Payment method — Whether you prefer PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express, it’s easy to pay for an e-Visa.
We want to make your travel experiences simpler. We wish you a great trip to Uganda and East Africa.