If you live in Nepal and want to fly to Uganda, there’s an easy-to-use option that makes this easier than ever: the e-Visa.
In fact, Uganda has made online visas available to travelers from Nepal, and many other countries. Whether you’re on vacation, visiting loved ones, or just taking in the sights while you wait for your next flight to somewhere else, an e-Visa can get Nepal residents there more quickly than using more traditional methods. What’s more, if you opt for the East Africa e-Visa, you can also be able to visit Rwanda and Kenya.
Get a Uganda e-Visa or learn about the three types of e-Visa.
Three e-Visa Options for Traveling: Nepal to Uganda
If you’re traveling to Uganda from Nepal, your trip plans will determine which e-Visa is the best one for you.
If you are planning for a 1- to 3-day stay in Uganda, the Transit e-Visa is a good option. With this e-Visa, travelers from Nepal will have up to 3 days to spend in Uganda.
Nepal travelers who are only in the airport for a short layover won’t be required to get a visa, but it’s worth the experience to discover Uganda while you wait for the next portion of your trip. Get a Transit e-Visa right here.
The Tourist e-Visa is a wonderful opportunity to spend even more time in Uganda. Travelers from Nepal can use this e-Visa to see family or colleagues and to explore the beauty and culture of Uganda.
The Tourist e-Visa is valid for one entry made within 90 days of processing. Get your Tourist e-Visa here.
East Africa e-Visa
This e-Visa is the ultimate choice for Nepal travelers who want to experience more of East Africa. With the East Africa e-Visa, you’ll have access to Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya. Apply for an East Africa e-Visa here.
You can use our safe online application to get started. You’ll just need a few documents:
- A valid passport — Your passport needs to be valid, and the expiration date shouldn’t be sooner than six months after you arrive.
- A recent passport photo — Scan your passport photo and be sure to turn it in with your online e-Visa application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will want to know a little more about your travel arrangements, including the date that you plan to depart Uganda. Make sure you have a return ticket before you leave on your trip.
- Email address — When you apply, be sure to give us the right email address, because that’s where we’ll send your e-Visa confirmation to. Once you have your e-Visa, you can print it off and bring it with you to Uganda or use the digital version from your mobile device.
- Yellow fever vaccination — It’s always recommended that you be immunized against yellow fever before visiting Africa, but Uganda requires it.
- Payment method — It’s easy to pay for your e-Visa, whether you prefer to use PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Have one of these ready when you apply.
We strive to make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. We hope you enjoy your stay in Uganda and East Africa.