If you’re a South Korean citizen, it’s easier than it’s ever been to travel to Uganda. In July of 2016, Uganda has been providing a modern alternative to the traditional visa. It’s called the e-Visa, and it’s available for travelers from South Korea and many other countries.
An e-Visa is just as good as any other visa for visiting Uganda, but it’s only half the work. South Korean travelers no longer have to visit the embassy or consulate anymore. They can get their Uganda or East African e-Visa with a simple online application.
Types of Uganda e-Visas for Korean Citizens
If a short trip is all you want, or all you have time for, the Transit e-Visa can make it a great one. South Korean travelers can spend up to three days in Uganda between destinations, sampling the local cultural flavor while they wait for their next flight. Get a Transit e-Visa here.
To have the most time to spend in Uganda, get the Tourist e-Visa. This option gives South Korean travelers plenty of time to do whatever they want in Uganda, from sightseeing to visiting friends and family.
Tourist e-Visas are single-entry visas and are good for 90 days prior to entering the country. After you’re in Uganda, you’ll have up to 45 days doing whatever you enjoy doing. Get your Tourist e-Visa with a secure and easy online application.
East Africa e-Visa
For a deeper and richer experience of East Africa, choose the East African e-Visa when you apply. You’ll have the same amount of time that you would get with the Tourist e-Visa, but you can also visit Rwanda and Kenya as often as you’d like while you’re there. Apply for an East African e-Visa here.
Instead of putting consulate paperwork in your travel itinerary, e-Visa uses an online application you can complete without leaving the house. All you need are these documents.
Have these with you before you apply for your e-Visa:
- A valid passport — Your passport should be current, which means that the expiration date should be six months away.
- A recent passport photo — Scan this and submit it during the online application process.
- Travel plans and a return ticket — The Republic of Uganda will want to know why you’re traveling and how long you plan to spend in Uganda. You’ll also need to have your return ticket.
- Email address — We’ll send you your e-Visa confirmation to whatever email address you give us on the application. After a quick and easy verification process, you can print your e-Visa. Be sure to bring it with you.
- Yellow fever vaccination — While not all countries require this, Uganda does. And this vaccine is strongly recommended when traveling to any African country.
- Payment method — We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal. Use whichever you prefer at checkout.
We guarantee a safe and secure e-Visa experience. We hope you have a great trip.