Except for the nationals of visa-exempt countries, all travelers who wish to cross the Ugandan border need a visa. The citizens of Ireland are no exception, but if you are Irish, you are eligible for a Uganda e-visa, and you can apply online. As a result, you do not have to take a trip to the Ugandan diplomatic mission in your area. Just stay in the comfort of your own home and use the services provided by iVisa. The process is entirely online, it takes very little time, and you can have your Uganda visa in no more than 1 business day.
Uganda visa requirements for the citizens of Ireland
The Uganda visa requirements are pretty much the same for everyone who wishes to apply online. iVisa asks very little effort on your part, and once you provide the information and the documents they need to expedite the visa, they will handle the rest. Here is what you need to provide:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport, and the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda.
- Copy of your passport’s bio page
- A passport-sized photo – taken in the last 6 months
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – if you are not vaccinated against Yellow fever, you will be subjected to vaccination when you arrive in Uganda. Some quarantine measures may be taken as well.
Of course, if you want to apply for the Uganda Transit visa, you need to have a letter in which you declare the country of origin and the reason for transit. The East Africa visa also requires an itinerary and a return flight ticket.
What are the costs?
If you go for the iVisa’s services, you will save some money as well. That is because the company provides something that no one can, and that is choices. The cost of your visa depends on which visa type you need and the processing time. As for the latter, you can choose one according to your needs and budget. You have three options:
- Standard processing– your application is processed within 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush processing–your visa will be ready within 2 business days, and you need to pay $116.30
- Super Rush processing– this is the fastest option you have. It costs you $151.30, and your visa application is processed within just 1 business day.
The fees for the Tourist visa and the Transit visa are the same, and they are expressed above. The East Africa visa, on the other hand, costs a bit more. You will be charged $148, $178, and $213 respectively.
Uganda visa for the citizens of Ireland – the application form
The application form designed by iVisa will cause no headaches whatsoever. There are three simple steps you need to complete. It should take you about 15 minutes, and iVisa can jump in and help you with it 24/7. The first step will ask for your personal information, and you must also choose the visa type and the processing time. The second step consists of revision and payment. The revision is crucial because any mistake you make is impossible to correct if the application reaches the processing stage. As for payment, iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can use credit/debit cards, Paypal, WeChat, or Alipay. The last step requires you to upload additional documents. It depends on your particular case, but iVisa will tell you what you need. After you are done, you hit the submit button and then wait for your visa to arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
All in all, a Uganda visa for the citizens of Ireland has never been so accessible. You have to admit that iVisa makes things a lot easier for you. For one, you are spared of the bureaucratic hassle you go through at the embassy. The document you receive will let you stay in Uganda for up to 90 days, and you are allowed a single entry. If you apply for an East Africa visa, you will have multiple entries.