As of July 2016, the government of Uganda started to release electronic visa for most citizens of the world. Apart from the visa-exempt nationalities, the rest of the travelers who require a visa upon entry are able to apply online using the services of iVisa. The citizens of Pakistan are no exception. The process is entirely online, there is no hassle, and you can be done with it in 15 minutes. As a result, the Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan can arrive in as little as 24 hours.
Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan – requirements
Before you apply, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Chances are that you do because there is nothing out of the ordinary, and iVisa asks a minimal effort on your part. You need to provide them with some documents and information, and you need to fill in an application form. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport, and the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda.
- Copy of your passport’s bio page
- A passport-sized photo – as recent as possible
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – if you are not vaccinated against Yellow fever, you will be subjected to vaccination when you arrive in Uganda. Some quarantine measures may be taken as well.
The items above are the general requirements for the most commonly requested visa, and that is the Uganda Tourist Visa. If you need a visa for transit or an East Africa visa, you need some other things as well such as letter that states the reason for transit for the former, and the latter requires an itinerary and a return flight ticket.
The application form
As for the application form you need to fill in to get a Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan, we assure you that you will have no trouble whatsoever. In the unlikely event of you needing some help, or you have some questions, you can refer to iVisa’s excellent support service that is available 24/7.
The application form consists of three steps. The first one requires you to fill in your personal information and a few details on your trip. You must also choose a processing time ad visa type, both of which will affect the visa cost. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing time – your application is processed within 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush processing time –your visa will be ready within 2 business days, and you need to pay $116.30
- Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you have. It costs you $151.30, and your visa application is processed within just 1 business day.
As for the visa type, all visas cost the same, except for the East Africa visa which is $148, $178, and $213 respectively. The second step will ask you to make the payment and revise step number one. The payment can be made using one of the multiple means of payment iVisa accepts (Paypal, credit/debit cards, Alipay, WeChat). No embassy will give you that choice. As for the revision, it is crucial that your information is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you may have to go through the process again.
The last step consists of additional document upload. iVisa will tell you exactly what you need here, depending on your personal situation. After that, you just submit your application and wait for the visa to arrive in your e-mail inbox in PDF format. Do not forget to print it before you leave for Uganda.
The bottom line is that a Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan is extremely easy to get. You fill in an online application form, submit it, and then iVisa takes care of everything. The document you receive allows you to stay in Uganda for maximum 90 days, and you have a single entry. Only the East Africa visa allows multiple entries.