In 2016, the government of Uganda started to release electronic visa, joining the ASAN system. Apart from the visa-exempt nationalities, the rest of the travelers who require a visa upon entry are able to apply online using the services of iVisa. The citizens of Pakistan are no exception. The process is entirely online and simple, and you can be ready in only 15 minutes. The best part of it is that you can get this visa as soon as possible, even in 48 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have a Pakistani passport, do I need a visa to visit Uganda?
Yes, citizens from Pakistan need to apply for an Uganda eVisa. To check the requirements, click here.
Which Uganda visa types are there for pakistani holders?
There are 3 types of visa for pakistani holders: The tourist eVisa, which is the most popular, the transit eVisa and the East Africa Visa. The last one is used not only for Uganda, but for other countries in East Africa as well.
In case my Visa is approved, does this guarantee my admission to Uganda?
The final approval is done at the point of entry or at an Immigration Office. Remember that if you’re outside Uganda, it’s mandatory to present a valid visa approval letter. There are no other documents that allow you to entry Uganda.
What are the documents required to apply?
Before you apply, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Chances are that you do because there is nothing out of the ordinary, and iVisa asks a minimal effort on your part. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport, and the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda.
- Copy of your passport’s bio page.
- A passport-sized photo – as recent as possible.
- A contact in Uganda (person, organization, hotel, travel agency)
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow fever – if you are not vaccinated against Yellow fever, you will be subjected to vaccination when you arrive in Uganda. Some quarantine measures may be taken as well.
- Credit/debit card or PayPal account.
The items above are the general requirements for the most commonly requested visa, which most of time is the Uganda Tourist Visa. If you need a visa for transit or an East Africa visa, you need some other things as well, such as a letter that states the reason for transit, and important information like itinerary and a return flight ticket.
How long is the Uganda evisa valid?
The Uganda e-Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. This means you must enter Uganda within 90 days after arrival. Remember that this is based on the most common visa, which is the tourist eVisa.
What are the processing times and prices of an Uganda tourist eVisa?
One of the main concerns about electronic visas is the cost. iVisa offers you three available options when it comes to processing time and the price will depend on which one you choose. These are the three options:
- Standard processing – your visa application is processed within 7 days , and it has a price of USD 86.50 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – you will receive your visa within 4 days, and the price is USD 116.50 (all service fees included).
- Super rush processing – this is the fastest option, that's why you'll get your Tourist eVisa in only 48 hours, and you'll be charged USD 151.50 (service fees included).
If you want to start your application, Click here.
What is the maximum stay allowed with an e-visa?
It depends on the type of visa, but in case you’re applying to a tourist e-visa, it allows you to stay for a maximum of 45 days total in Uganda.
How long does it take to apply for an Uganda evisa?
You need less than 10 minutes. That's all. You just have to send your application to Uganda with iVisa and we will take care of the rest!
How can I apply for an Uganda evisa?
The application for an Uganda eVisa is very simple. It only has three steps:
- The first step will ask you to fill in your general information. You also need to choose the processing time from the options mentioned before (standard, rush, or super rush).
- The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.
- The last step consists of a questionnaire and a photo upload. It is at this point when you need to upload your passport scan. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.
Click here to start. After you are done, you submit your form and wait for your visa to arrive. In case you need assistance to fill your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.
What happens after I have applied?
Once the application is done, you’ll receive your Uganda eVisa via email. You won't need to deal with the embassy. We do it for you so you don't waste valuable time. After that, you only present the printed version of the eVisa along with your passport once you enter Uganda.
How many times can I enter to Uganda with an evisa?
The Uganda eVisa allows a Single Entry.
Do I need to get an Uganda evisa for my children too?
Yes. All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Uganda require this visa, including children.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
Yes, you can do it if you have all the required documents. If you are only applying for one single friend or family member, just fill in the application form with their information. In case you need to apply for more than one person, just click on Add new applicant in the application form and complete the data.
Do I need an Uganda evisa if I am in transit through this country?
If you're transiting through Uganda for less than 2 days total, then you’ll have to apply for the transit eVisa before entering the country. You also have to confirm an onward booking from Uganda to a third country or other acceptable plans to depart Uganda within 2 days after arrival.
How Do I know if my visa is approved?
We will notify you via email as soon as the Uganda government approves your visa.
Is it safe to use ivisa to get my Uganda evisa?
Yes, completely. Contrary to what many people think about personal data on the Internet, we don’t misuse this information. We provide maximum safety for your personal data and we invest a lot in the security of our database. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
If you still have doubts about this visa, we can help you with our customer service. You can click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. You can also find more information and FAQs here.
If you want to get your Uganda Visa quickly and easily, click here. With iVisa it is easy to apply for your Uganda visa, and it comes with a has a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating from 1,835 reviewers on Trustpilot. Shevaun Williams says: “This process was so very easy. Your visa is reasonably priced. Could not be happier with my experience”.
You can get your eVisa just as quickly as Shevaun by applying for your Uganda eVisa through iVisa, visit our website today to chat online with one of our friendly staff members for more information.