All Indian citizens are eligible for a Uganda e-visa from July 2016, so if you are an Indian, you can apply online and void all the bureaucratic hassle you come across at a Ugandan diplomatic mission. The process is entirely online, and the requirements are easy to meet. All you need is to have a passport, a vaccination certificate for Yellow fever, and a passport-sized photo. Once you have all that, you can apply for the Uganda e-visa using the services provided online by iVisa. You should be done in no more than 15 minutes and have your visa in as little as 1 business day.
The Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens are not challenging to meet. The first thing you need to take care of is your passport. If you do not have it, you can obtain one fairly quickly. However, if you do have a passport, take a look at its expiry date and make sure it will remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Uganda. When you apply online, you need to make a copy of its information page.
Secondly, you need to get yourself vaccinated for Yellow fever. During the application process, you will be required to present a vaccination certificate for Yellow fever. You will get one at the hospital that does the immunization. If you do not get vaccinated, you will be subjected to vaccination once you arrive in Uganda. Failure to comply will put you on a plane back you where you came from. Some quarantine measures may be taken as well. If you travel with a minor below 5-years old, he or she needs to be vaccinated against polio.
The last general requirement refers to a passport-sized photo. You need a passport photo that measures 2 by 2 inches, and it needs to follow the specifications of a standard passport photograph. It means that the photo needs to be taken against a white background, you cannot wear glasses or headwear (with a few exceptions), and you cannot make face gestures. Also, the picture needs to be printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper.
You also need a valid means of payment and an e-mail address. When you apply online for a Uganda e-visa, you need to make the payment online. iVisa gives you multiple options such as credit/debit cards, Paypal, Alipay, or WeChat. The e-mail address is necessary is because you will receive your approval letter via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it and take it with you when you leave for Uganda.
Requirements for different types of visa
The Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens you can read above apply to the Uganda Tourist visa, but if you want to apply for a transit visa or an East Africa visa, you need some additional documents as well. The transit visa requires a letter in which you disclose the reason for transit and the country of destination. The East Africa visa needs a return flight ticket and an itinerary.
The bottom line is that the Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens are more than accessible. You should not experience any trouble in meeting them. iVisa asks very little of you, and your overall efforts are close to non-existent. That is why the best course of action is to get your Uganda visa online.
Apply for a Uganda Visa
- Can Australian citizens get a Uganda visa on arrival?
- Can I get a Uganda Visa online?
- Can I get a visa in Kampala, Uganda?
- Can I still get a Uganda Visa On Arrival?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the Entebbe airport?
- Can I still get a Uganda visa at the airport?
- Everything you need to know about the Uganda visa application
- How to get a Uganda e-visa
- How to get a Uganda e-visa for US citizens
- How to get a Uganda visa?
- How to get a Uganda visa at an embassy
- How to get a Uganda visa for UK citizens
- How to obtain a Uganda visa
- How to obtain a Uganda visa in Nigeria?
- Is a Uganda visa on arrival for Indians available?
- Special circumstances for the citizens of Uganda visa-free countries
- The easiest way to apply for a Uganda visa
- Uganda Visa Cost
- Uganda Visa for Indian citizens
- Uganda Visa processing time
- Uganda visa for Australian citizens
- Uganda visa for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa for the citizens of Pakistan
- Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Indian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
- Uganda visa types
- What are the Uganda visa requirements?
- What are the most common Uganda visa problems?
- What is the Uganda visa photo size?
- What you need to know about the Uganda Travel Visa
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in London?
- Where can I get a Uganda visa in New York?