Planning a trip to Uganda is now easier than ever. You can apply for a Uganda Travel Visa online, and the process provided by iVisa is one of the easiest experiences you will ever go through. The form is entirely online, it takes about 15 minutes the complete, and you can have your visa in as little as 1 business day. It arrives via e-mail, and you just need to print it out before you leave for Uganda.
What do you need?
iVisa is highly appreciated all over the world, and one of the reasons why is that it does not ask much of you when you want to apply for a visa. The requirements are minimal and easy to meet. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the passport needs to be valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months after you arrive in Uganda.
- Copy of the information page of your passport
- Passport-sized photo – as recent as possible
- A vaccination certificate for yellow fever –if you do not comply regarding this issue, you will be subjected to vaccination when you reach your destination, and some quarantine measures may be taken.
If you wish to apply for a transit visa or East Africa visa, you also need a letter in which you state your reason for transit and destination for the former, and travel itinerary and return flight ticket for the latter.
What are the costs?
iVisa takes great pride in its affordable prices. The cost of a Uganda travel visa depends on the processing time you select during the application process and the visa type you need. As for the former, you have three options:
- Standard – the processing lasts 4 business days, and the price is $86.30.
- Rush – you will get your Uganda travel visa within 2 business days, and you need to pay $166.30.
- Super Rush – your application will be processed within just 1 business day, and you will be charged $151.30.
The fees above apply if you wish a Uganda Tourist Visa or a visa for transit. If you want to apply for an East Africa Visa, the prices are $148, $178, and $213 respectively.
What about the application form?
The application form supplied by iVisa is nothing compared to the one you need to fill in at an embassy. It should take you only 15 minutes to complete, and if you need some help, iVisa can be reached by chat or by phone 24/7.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one will ask you to fill in your general information such as name, address, passport info, some details on your trip, and so on. You must also choose the visa type and the processing time. The second step is a quick revision of the information you provide, which needs to be entirely accurate, and payment. iVisa accepts multiple means of payment, unlike embassies, such as credit and debit cards, Paypal, Alipay, and WeChat. The last step will require you to upload some additional documents, but that depends on your particular case. For example, if you travel with your minor child but without your spouse, you need an authorization letter from the said spouse.
After you are done with the application form, you just submit it and wait for it to arrive in the timeframe you chose. The Uganda travel visa you get allows you to spend up to 90 days in the country, and you can enter once or multiple times, depending on the visa type you apply for.