In 2018, Ukraine adopted the electronic visa system and the citizens of 52 states qualify for an electronic visa. Costa Rica is one of them, so if you are a Costa Rican, you can apply for a Ukraine visa online. However, you should keep in mind that if you have ever visited the regions of Crimea or Sevastopol, you are not eligible for the e-visa.
Ukraine Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – the requirements
iVisa can help you with the online application process, and you do not need much to obtain your Ukraine e-visa. In fact, you will only need the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants who want a Ukraine e-visa must hold a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival. You also need to scan the document’s information page.
- Digital passport photo – the picture has to be taken as recently as possible and meet all the other guidelines for a passport photo.
- Means of sustenance – you need to prove that you can support yourself during your trip to Ukraine.
- Overseas health insurance – the insurance must cover at least 30.000 Euros or its equivalent in your country’s currency.
- Proof of purpose in Ukraine – you need to prove what you travel to Ukraine for tourism/business purposes, but we can help you with that document.
- E-mail address – iVisa sends you your Ukraine visa via e-mail in PDF format. While it is linked to your passport electronically, you need to print out a physical copy. You will be asked to show it at the Ukrainian border.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ukraine Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – the online form
Now that you know what you need, let’s discuss the online application form. It is generally perceived as an easy task but just in case you need some help along the way, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
When you are ready to access the application page, you will see that the form is broken down into three steps. The first one requires you to provide iVisa with some general information about yourself and your trip, but you also need to pick a processing time for your application. What you choose determines the cost of your Ukraine visa. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the most extensive processing option you have at hand, but it is the cheapest. It costs $128 and you must wait 19 business days for your visa.
- Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within 17 business days, and you are charged $153.
- Super Rush processing – the fastest and the most expensive option will have your Ukraine visa ready in 15 business days and you must pay $178 for it.
The fees and the processing time options are exactly the same for a Ukraine Business visa.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any errors, and the third requires you to upload some documents. We are talking about the documentation that supports your application. When you are done, just submit your form, and iVisa will process it in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that obtaining a Ukraine Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica is an easy task, and iVisa can be of tremendous help. The e-visa that is issued is valid for 30 days, it grants a single entry, and you can use it to stay in Ukraine for no more than 30 days.