First things first, if you want to go on a trip to Dubai, you cannot obtain a Dubai visa. You need a UAE visa because Dubai is one of the Emirates in the United Arab Emirates. Now that we cleared this up, you can read about how you can get a UAE visa. The application method differs according to your nationality. If you are from a visa-exempt country (there are 44 of them), then you may not need a visa at all. At the same time, 22 nationalities qualify for the electronic visa system. As a result, you can apply online for a UAE visa, and you do not have to go to the nearest UAE embassy. The rest of the nationalities, however, have no other choice than submitting their visa application at diplomatic mission.
How to get a UAE visa online?
The easiest way for you to get a UAE visa is to use the services provided by iVisa. That, of course, if you qualify for the online visa. To check that out, all you need to do is access iVisa’s Visa Checker. If you are eligible, you can proceed to the application process.
To apply online, you need to provide a few things so that iVisa can handle the rest. Here is a list of what is required of you:
Valid passport – all applicants must have a passport that stays valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in UAE.
A passport scan – make sure that the scan in JPEG format.
Passport photo – the photograph needs to meet the standards of a passport photo. Make sure that it is taken against a white background, and you look straight at the camera. Do not wear glasses, and headwear is not allowed unless you have religious reasons.
Valid e-mail address – when you apply online, a copy of your visa will be sent to you via e-mail. Make sure that you have access to your account since you need to print out the visa.
- Means of payment – you will be asked to pay the fees during the application process, which is why you need a method of online payment. iVisa accepts credit/debit cards, Paypal, WeChat, and Alipay.
Once you gather all of the above, you can continue and fill in the application form. That should not take you long, and if you need some help, iVisa provides support 24/7. The form has three steps. The first one will ask you to insert some personal information and some details about your trip. You must also select a processing time, which will determine the cost of your visa. You have three options:
Standard processing – your request is processed within 2 business days, and you need to spend $132 on your visa.
Rush processing – it takes only 24 hours for your application form to be processed, and you will be charged $162.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your UAE visa faster, choose this option and get the document in as little as 2 hours. As you can expect, this is the most expensive option. You will be charged $192.
The second step will ask you to make the payment and a quick revision, and the third consists of additional documents upload. That is pretty much it. iVisa will handle the rest.
Travelers who are not eligible for a UAE e-visa need to go to the nearest embassy and apply. While the requirements for them may be similar, we recommend that you use the UAE visa information you find online for reference only. You would do better to call the embassy and ask your questions directly at the source.
Apply for a UAE Visa
- Can I get a UAE visa at Sharjah Airport?
- Can I get an e-visa to travel to Abu Dhabi?
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Dubai?
- Can I get some Dubai visa information?
- Do I need a Tourist Visa to travel to Dubai?
- Do I need a visa for Dubai?
- Documents required for a UAE visa
- How to apply for a UAE visa
- How to check the UAE visa status
- How to get a UAE visa online
- Is the visa process challenging if I travel to Dubai?
- Looking for a Dubai visa for US citizens?
- Traveling from the UK to Dubai - do I need a visa?
- UAE visa fees
- UAE visa for Indians traveling to Dubai
- UAE visa form
- UAE visa requirements
- What is the UAE visa policy?
- What is the simplest UAE visa process?
- Where can I find the best visa services for Dubai?