A lot of people who want to travel to Dubai live under the impression that they require a Dubai visa. However, that is not accurate since Dubai is only one of the United Arab Emirates. So, if you are a US national who wishes to go to Dubai, you actually need a UAE visa for US citizens. Lucky for you, the United States is one of the countries whose citizens can apply online for their visa, and iVisa can help you go through a smooth process.
What is it that you need?
Before throwing yourself at the application form, you need to make sure that you have everything iVisa needs to start the process. However, you do not need much, and the items you need are easy to obtain. Here is what you must provide:
Passport – all travelers are required to have a passport that remains valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in UAE. If the document expires sooner than that, you need to have it renewed.
A passport scan – make sure that the scan in JPEG format.
Passport photo – the photograph needs to meet the standards of a passport photo. Make sure that it is taken against a white background, and you look straight at the camera. Do not wear glasses, and headwear is not allowed unless you have religious reasons.
Valid e-mail address – when you apply online, a copy of your visa will be sent to you via e-mail. Make sure that you have access to your account since you need to print out the visa.
- Means of payment – you will be asked to pay the fees during the application process, which is why you need a method of online payment. iVisa accepts credit/debit cards, PayPal, WeChat, and Alipay.
If you travel with children, each of them needs their own visa, which is why you must provide a copy of the passport, a photo, and the birth certificate.
UAE visa for US citizens – the application form
The application form designed by iVisa consists of three simple steps. The first one will ask you to fill in some information about yourself and your trip. You must also choose a processing time at this point, and keep in mind that your selection determines the cost of your UAE visa. You can choose one of the three available processing times:
Standard processing – your request is processed within 2 business days, and you need to spend $132 on your visa.
Rush processing – it takes only 24 hours for your application form to be processed, and you will be charged $162.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your UAE visa faster, choose this option and get the document in as little as 2 hours. The cost, however, is $192.
The second step will ask you to make the payment and take a quick look at your application. Make sure that there are no typos or any other errors that may render your visa useless. The last step is reserved for additional documents upload. That is pretty much it. Once you are done, just wait for your visa. It will arrive via e-mail in PDF format within the timeframe you selected.
Hopefully, things are clearer now. You cannot obtain a Dubai visa for US citizens when the country UAE. You will go to Dubai with a UAE visa. The document allows you to enter the country once and can stay there for up to 30 days.
Apply for a UAE Visa
- Can I get a UAE visa at Sharjah Airport?
- Can I get an e-visa to travel to Abu Dhabi?
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Dubai?
- Can I get some Dubai visa information?
- Do I need a Tourist Visa to travel to Dubai?
- Do I need a visa for Dubai?
- Documents required for a UAE visa
- How to apply for a UAE visa
- How to check the UAE visa status
- How to get a UAE visa online
- Is the visa process challenging if I travel to Dubai?
- Looking for a Dubai visa for US citizens?
- Traveling from the UK to Dubai - do I need a visa?
- UAE visa fees
- UAE visa for Indians traveling to Dubai
- UAE visa form
- UAE visa requirements
- What is the UAE visa policy?
- What is the simplest UAE visa process?
- Where can I find the best visa services for Dubai?