If you want to take an exciting trip to the United Kingdom, you’ll have to consider some important instructions, especially while the COVID-19 pandemic lasts. One of these is the Passenger Locator Form, an essential document to enter this country. To apply online for this United Kingdom 14 day quarantine requirement, you’ll have to follow a series of steps that iVisa.com offers. You can learn more about it in this article.
This process is quite simple and it doesn’t consume much time. Also, it will help you save yourself any hassle at the airport. Remember that the idea of traveling is to fully enjoy the destination and keep beautiful memories when you return home.
We recommend you read the FAQs below so you know exactly what to do and how to apply for the Passenger Locator Form in a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions about the United Kingdom 14 day quarantine requirement
Why do I need this document?
The UK Passenger Locator Form is important to take care of your health and avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you don’t apply for this document, you could find trouble at the airport, and you could even stay there with a denied entry.
It’s not a lie that COVID-19 Pandemic has been a challenge in tourism, that’s why many nations have been working hard to offer travel options to have better control over the entry of tourists. One example of it is the Passenger Locator Form.
What documents do I need to apply for the UK Passenger Locator Form?
This document is available online, so you don’t have to go to an embassy. However, you still need to collect some documents before applying. Don’t forget that the most important United Kingdom 14 day quarantine requirement is your valid passport. The rest is:
- A valid copy of your passport information page
- A proper email address.
- A valid payment options, which can be a debit/credit card or a Paypal account.
Which countries are on the red list in the UK?
Red list countries: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to the United Kingdom?
- COVID test prior to arrival- fully vaccinated travelers: There are no pre-departure testing requirements for fully vaccinated travelers.
- COVID test prior to arrival- unvaccinated travelers: PCR or antigen within 72 hours.
- COVID test after arrival- fully vaccinated travelers: Pre-booked PCR or antigen within 2 days
- COVID test after arrival- unvaccinated travelers: Pre-booked PCR or antigen within 2 days and on or after day 8
- COVID test exemptions- vaccinated and unvaccinated: Travelers arriving in the UK from Ireland, the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, St Helena or Ascension don't need a COVID-19 test to enter. Travelers moving between Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are also exempt from testing requirements.
Information for all travelers arriving from red list countries
- COVID test after arrival- red list countries: PCR on day 2 and day 8.
Do I need to quarantine upon arrival in the United Kingdom?
- Quarantine requirements- fully vaccinated travelers: There are no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Quarantine requirements- unvaccinated travelers: 10 days home quarantine which can end early with a negative private test result on day 5.
Information for all travelers arriving from red list countries between midday 26 November and 4am 28 November
- Quarantine requirements 10 days self-isolation
- Quarantine testing PCR on day 2 and day 8.
Information for UK nationals and residents arriving from red list countries after 4am 28 November
- Quarantine requirements 10 days hotel quarantine
- Quarantine testing PCR on or before day 2 and day 8.
How much does it cost the UK Passenger Locator Form?
Unfortunately, we can’t offer you the exact price for this document by now, especially because it doesn’t work with an official government page. Nevertheless, what you can know is that iVisa.com has 3 options with different prices that vary according to your needs. Here are some basic details to have an idea on the average price:
Standard Procedure: by paying USD 20.00, your declaration will be done in 24 hours.
Rush Procedure: the waiting is 4 hours this time by paying a price of USD 35.00.
Super Rush Procedure: this is the most expensive option with a price of USD 60.00, but you’ll only wait 1 hour.
How can I apply for the UK Passenger Locator Form?
Your main concern at this point might be how to apply for this document, and we’re ready to help you with this. If you apply online for the United Kingdom 14 day quarantine requirement with iVisa.com, you’ll only have to follow these steps:
- First, read the initial questionnaire and fill it in with your personal information. Then, select the processing time of your preference.
- Second, verify your information (the one you gave in step one) and double-check the spelling with caution. In this part, you can also pay for iVisa.com’s fee.
- Third, upload the scanned copy requested at the beginning (passport information page) and send the application.
It’s important to read carefully all the information. Keep in mind that if you make any mistake and send the form like that, it might be difficult for you to change everything and you might have to re-apply.
As soon as you obtain the UK Passenger Locator Form, you’ll also get a QR code via email.
How will I get the Health Declaration?
Following the information you read before, the QR code is as important as the Passenger Locator Form confirmation you receive via email. We recommend you to download the QR code on your mobile or print it if you prefer. This way, it can be a lot easier for you to enter the UK. After you arrive at the International Airport in the UK, the Immigration officers will review and verify your documentation, and that includes the QR, so be sure to show them this properly. Once the code is verified through the checkout system, you’ll be able to keep with your travel plans with no stress. Don’t forget to follow up on the 14-day quarantine, that’s the most important thing to do upon arrival.
I’m traveling with my children, what should I do?
If you’re traveling with children, then you should know that they need Passenger Locator Forms as well. This UK Passenger Locator Form is necessary for any foreign citizen, so children aren’t excluded. However, in case you have questions, you can contact us here, we’ll be ready to help you with any doubt.
Is it safe to apply with iVisa.com?
iVisa.com has trustworthy software that allows you to receive a high-quality result for an affordable price, so you can have a piece of mind with iVisa.com’s security. We work with all the tools required to preserve your safety, so all the information you see and offer can’t be leaked. If you’re unsure about this point, you can always check our reviews here.
Where can I find more information?
You can contact our customer service to receive personal attention if you have questions or doubts about this online process. Another option that can be useful for you is to check other details on iVisa.com’s website.
It’s time for you to enjoy all the majesty the UK has. Apply for your Passenger Locator Form today! This way, you won’t have to worry about special conditions for the COVID-19 while planning your journey.