The citizens of Rwanda who plan on traveling to the United Kingdom anytime soon should know that a visa is required to enter the country. Since an electronic visa is not available, your only option is to obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa. Even so, iVisa can still provide some assistance. So, instead of going to the nearest British embassy to submit a visa application, we can do it for you. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how we can help with the application process, please take a look at the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online, but what we can help you with is the application form. You give us the necessary documents and your information, and we will submit your visa application to the British immigration authority. We will also take care of the interview appointment and provide a document checklist so that you are fully prepared when you go there.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
When you fill in the online application form, you do not need many documents. In fact, the list below contains everything necessary.
- Biometric passport – it should have at least another 6 months of validity from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – it is not necessary to provide an exact address
- Means of sustenance – you must have evidence that shows you can support yourself and your dependents while in the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
- E-mail address – all the documents and notifications will be communicated to you via e-mail. Make sure to provide a valid e-mail address.
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
That depends. You can choose the timeframe that is best for your needs. iVisa came up with three processing speed options. They are as follows:
- Standard – 30 days
- Rush – 30 days
- Super Rush – 30 days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
It takes about 15 business days for your application form to be processed. Nevertheless, our advice is that you apply for your visa at least 8 weeks before your flight. That way, you have enough time at your disposal just in case something goes wrong.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The amount you will spend on a UK Standard Visitor Visa depends on two factors: your country of origin and the processing speed of your application. The fees for Rwandan citizens are as follows:
- Standard – USD $278.99
- Rush – USD $279.99
- Super Rush – USD $283.99
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has a validity period of 180 days after issued.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
As a UK Standard Visitor Visa holder, you can stay in the United Kingdom for no more than 180 days in Total. You can apply for an extension if necessary.