As a citizen of Sao Tome and Principe, you cannot take a trip to the United Kingdom unless you obtain a visa first. However, you cannot get one online. You can acquire a UK Standard Visitor Visa only through a British embassy. Even so, iVisa can still be of some assistance. To learn how to use iVisa’s services when you want to get a UK Standard Visitor Visa, please read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
As mentioned above, the UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online. However, you can submit the application form online, and iVisa can help you with that. All you have to do is provide us with the proper information and documents, and we will submit an application to the British immigration authority. Plus, iVisa will handle the interview appointment and send you a document checklist so that you know what you have to bring along.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
During the online process of getting a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you do not have to struggle with the requirements because the list is relatively short. Besides, chances are that you already have some of the necessary documents and information, which are as follows:
- Biometric passport – make sure that remains valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – you are not required to specify an exact address if you do not have one
- Means of sustenance – you must be able to provide for yourself and your dependents while in the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – credit and debit cards are acceptable, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
- E-mail address – all documents and notifications will be sent to you using this channel. Make sure to provide a valid e-mail address
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
That depends on the choice you make. Using iVisa’s services to submit a UK Standard Visitor Visa application form means that you can choose a processing speed according to your particular needs. Your options are as follows:
- Standard – 9 Business Days
- Rush – 7 Business Days
- Super Rush – 5 Business Days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
The processing of an application form usually takes about 15 business days. Even so, we advise you to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa 8 weeks before your intended departure date. That way, you have enough time to get everything in order.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The cost of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not fixed. It varies depending on the nationality of the applicant and the processing speed of the application. The citizens of Sao Tome and Principe have the following applicable fees for each processing speed:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 220.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is valid for 186 days after arrival.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa covers a stay of no more than 186 days in Total. Extensions are possible.