Senegalese citizens who plan to take a trip to the United Kingdom must first apply for a visa. That is only possible at the nearest British embassy, as a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online. Nevertheless, what you can complete online is the application form. iVisa can provide some assistance with that. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and the online part of the application process, please read the answers to some of the most frequent questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
While the UK Standard Visitor Visa itself is not available online, iVisa’s services can be of help with the application form. That way, you do not have to go to the British embassy twice. You must provide iVisa with the required documents and information, and we will submit the application for you. Not only that, we will also schedule the interview for you and send you a document checklist that will help you gather all the necessary information. It is as simple as that.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
During the online application process, you must gather a few documents and some information. But, as you will see, the list below does not include anything out of the ordinary. All you need is as follows:
- Biometric passport – to obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa, the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – a travel itinerary is enough if you do not have a precise address
- Means of sustenance – you must be able to prove that you can provide for yourself and any dependents you may have while in the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – there are multiple available methods. You can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
- E-mail address – all forms and information will be sent to you via e-mail. Make sure you provide a valid address
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
You get to decide that. iVisa created three processing speed options for your application so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you get to choose from:
- Standard – your application form is processed within 186 days after arrival
- Rush – you have to wait 186 days after arrival for your request to be reviewed
- Super Rush – the processing lasts only 186 days after arrival
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
About 15 days. However, we strongly advise that you apply for your UK Standard Visitor Visa at least 8 weeks before your flight. That is just to be on the safe side.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
It depends. The cost of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is determined by your nationality and the processing speed option you select for your application. Therefore, the quicker you want your application processed, the more you are charged. Here are the fees for Senegalese citizens:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 90.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has a validity of 186 days after arrival after arrival.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa covers a stay that is limited to 186 days Total. You are at liberty to apply for an extension if necessary.