Are you a Somali citizen who wants to travel to the United Kingdom? Then you should probably know that you need a visa to cross its borders. While you need to go to the nearest British embassy to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, iVisa can be of some help with the application process. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how iVisa can help you, you should take a few minutes to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
Just to be clear, you cannot apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa online. A trip to the embassy is mandatory. However, you do not have to go down there to submit your application, as iVisa can do it for you. Just give us some documents and information, and we will submit the request for you. Moreover, we will take care of your interview appointment as well. So that you can attend it fully prepared, we will send you a document checklist.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
Before you start filling in the online application form, you have to make sure that you have at hand the necessary information and documents. However, that should be an easy task. All you need is the following:
- Biometric passport – with a validity of at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – a travel itinerary will suffice if you do not have a precise address
- Means of sustenance – you need proof that you can provide for yourself, as well as for your dependents (if applicable) while you are in the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – you can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
- E-mail address – all communication between you and iVisa will happen via e-mail, so please make sure you provide us with a valid address
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
As long as you choose. For your convenience, iVisa provides you with three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. That way, you can go for the one that best satisfies your needs. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard – 9 Business Days
- Rush – 7 Business Days
- Super Rush – 5 Business Days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
Approximately 15 days. However, just to be on the safe side, we suggest that you apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa at least 8 weeks before the date of your flight. Delays can occur, and you do not want to lose your flight.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The cost of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is variable. Factors like nationality and processing time have a say in how much you are charged. Here are the fees that apply to the citizens of Somalia for each processing time option:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 220.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa remains valid for 186 days after arrival.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
With a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you can stay in the United Kingdom for up to 186 days in Total. You can apply for an extension if necessary.