The citizens of South Africa who are interested in a trip to the United Kingdom should know that a visa is required for entry. Since you are not able to apply for one online, your only option is to go to the nearest British embassy and get a UK Standard Visitor Visa. However, iVisa can provide some assistance with the application form. If you want to learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how iVisa can be of help, please read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
As mentioned above, you cannot obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa online, but iVisa can submit the application form for you so that you can avoid an additional trip to the British embassy. All you have to do is fill in an online application form with some information and upload some documents, and iVisa will submit the application to the British immigration authority. Not only that, but we will also make the interview appointment for you and send you a document checklist so that you know what to bring along.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
Filling in the online application form is an easy task, but you must have at hand a few documents and some information. But, as you are about to learn, the list is short, and the items on it are nearly effortless to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Biometric passport – with a validity of at least 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – it is not mandatory to provide an exact address if you do not have one; a travel itinerary will suffice
- Means of sustenance – you must have proof that you can support yourself and your dependents during your trip to the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat, are all accepted methods of payment
- E-mail address – all communication between you and iVisa will happen via e-mail, so be sure to provide a valid address
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
It is up to you. Using iVisa as your visa service gives you the opportunity to select a processing speed for your application that best serves your needs. Your options are as follows:
- Standard – your application form is processed within 9 Business Days
- Rush – 7 Business Days
- Super Rush – 5 Business Days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
The British immigration authority takes about 15 days to process an application. Nevertheless, it is best if you apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa at least 8 weeks before your flight is scheduled. That gives you enough time just in case delays occur.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The amount you will spend on a UK Standard Visitor Visa depends on your nationality and the processing speed of your application. Needless to say, the faster you want your request to be processed, the more you will be charged. The fees that apply to South African citizens for each processing speed option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 220.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has a validity of 186 days after arrival.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa covers a stay of no more than 186 days in Total.