Citizens of Sri Lanka who wish to take a trip to the United Kingdom for business, tourism, or medical purposes are required to obtain a visa in advance. Please note that such a document is not available online. It is necessary for you to go to the nearest British embassy to get a UK Standard Visitor Visa. Even so, iVisa can offer some assistance with the application process. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how iVisa can be of help, you should take a moment to read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
While you cannot apply online for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you can fill in the application online. Once you provide all the necessary documents and information, iVisa will submit the form for you at the British immigration authority. That means one less trip for you. Moreover, we will also handle the interview appointment and send you a comprehensive document checklist so that you know precisely what you should bring with you.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
The requirements for the online part of getting a UK Standard Visitor Visa are easy to meet. You may already have everything necessary at hand. Here is what you will need:
- Biometric passport – it must be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – it is okay if you do not have a specific address. A travel itinerary will suffice
- Means of sustenance – you have to be able to prove that you can support yourself during your trip to the United Kingdom. If you have any dependents traveling with you, you have to provide for them as well
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
- E-mail address – all communication between you and iVisa will happen via e-mail. Please provide a valid address to which you have access
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
Not too long. Besides, you are given a chance to select a processing speed for your application according to your particular needs. Here are your options:
- Standard – 180 days after issued
- Rush – 180 days after issued
- Super Rush – 180 days after issued
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
Generally, it takes about 15 business days for the British immigration authority to review an application form. Nevertheless, it is recommended that you submit yours at least 8 weeks before your flight. That should give you enough margin of error in case of a delay.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The price of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not fixed. It depends on the nationality of the applicant and the processing speed of the application. Here are the applicable fees for Sri Lankan citizens:
- Standard – USD $278.99
- Rush – USD $279.99
- Super Rush – USD $283.99
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa keeps its validity for 180 days after issued.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
Once you obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you can stay in the United Kingdom for up to 180 days in Total.