Citizens of Tanzania who want to travel to the United Kingdom must first apply for a visa. While the UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online, iVisa can still be of assistance. We can handle the application form so that you do not have to. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and the online part of the application process, please take a look at the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
It is pretty simple. All you have to do is provide us with some documents and information, and we will submit your application to the British authority that issues the UK Standard Visitor Visa. We will set an appointment for an interview and let you know what you need. You will receive a document checklist via e-mail.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
For the online part of the application process, you will not need much. Keep in mind that the items on the list below are not everything necessary for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, but only the ones that we need to help you. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Biometric passport – make sure that its validity is not less than 6 months from the date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – you are not obligated to provide a precise address
- Means of sustenance – you must be able to provide for yourself and your dependents while in the UK
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are available as well
- E-mail address – all the information you request will be sent via e-mail, which is why you must provide us with a valid address to which you have access
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
You have some degree of control over the timeframe in which your application form is processed. To that effect, iVisa offers three options:
- Standard – 30 days
- Rush – 30 days
- Super Rush – 30 days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
It generally takes 15 business days for the issuing authority to process a UK Standard Visitor Visa. Nevertheless, our advice is to start the application process at least 8 weeks before you plan on leaving for the UK. That should give you enough time.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The cost of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not fixed. It is determined by your country of origin, as well as by the processing speed you select for the online application form. Therefore, the faster you want your interview to be set, the more you are charged. Here is how much Tanzanian citizens must pay for a UK Standard Visitor Visa:
- Standard – USD $171.99
- Rush – USD $220.99
- Super Rush – USD $275.99
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has a validity of 180 days after issued.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
A UK Standard Visitor Visa allows its holder to stay in the UK for up to 180 days in Total.
There is the possibility for extension.