The citizens of Uganda who wish to travel to the United Kingdom for business, tourism, or medical tourism must first obtain a visa. While the UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online, iVisa can help with a part of the application process. In case you are interested in learning more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and the online application process, please take a look at the answers to some of the most common questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
If you want to obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you must go to the nearest British embassy and apply there. However, we can help with the application form. All you have to do is provide iVisa with some documents and information, and we will handle the initial application form for you. We will also send you a document checklist so that you know what to bring along when you go to the embassy for your interview. That way, you do not miss anything.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
When you fill in the online application form, you must have at hand some information and documents that will help iVisa get started. Here is what you will need:
- Biometric passport – it must be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – a travel itinerary will suffice
- Means of sustenance – you must prove that you can provide for yourself and your dependents during your trip to the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
- E-mail address – all the documents that come as a result of the online application process will be sent to you via e-mail
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
That depends. One of the benefits of using iVisa’s services is that you are at liberty to choose the timeframe in which your online application form is processed. You are given three options so that you can make the best possible decision for yourself. They are as follows:
- Standard – the timeframe in which your application is processed is 186 days after arrival
- Rush – you have to wait 186 days after arrival for your request to be reviewed
- Super Rush – the processing lasts only 186 days after arrival
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
It takes the embassy about 15 business days to process your application form and issue the UK Standard Visitor Visa. However, just to be on the safe side, we advise you to apply for it at least 8 weeks in advance of your departure.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The cost of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is determined by two factors: nationality and processing time. As you can imagine, the faster you want your application to be processed, the more you are charged. Here are the fees for each processing time option that a Ugandan has to pay:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 90.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has a validity period of 186 days after arrival
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
When you hold a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you are allowed to stay in the United Kingdom for no more than 186 days Total. Extensions are possible.