As a Vietnamese citizen, you cannot travel to the United Kingdom unless you obtain a visa first. That can be achieved only if you go to the nearest British embassy. Even so, iVisa can be of some help so that you can obtain a UK Standard Visitor Visa with a little less effort. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how iVisa can be of help, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online. We want to be very clear on that. However, we can submit an application at the British issuing authority for you. All you have to do is to give us some general information and a few documents. We will also take care of the interview appointment, and we will help you prepare for it by sending a document checklist.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
The online part of getting a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not at all demanding. The documents and information you need are listed below, and as you will see, there is nothing on it that may be perceived as challenging to obtain. Here is what you must have on hand during the online application process:
- Biometric passport – must be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – an exact address is not necessary; a travel itinerary will do
- Means of sustenance – you have to be able to support yourself and your dependents while in the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well
- E-mail address – iVisa sends all document via e-mail, which is why you must provide a valid address to which you have access
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
That is for you to determine. When you apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa using iVisa’s services, you have the opportunity to choose the timeframe which is most convenient for you. You are provided with three options:
- Standard – the timeframe in which your application is processed is 186 days after arrival
- Rush – you have to wait 186 days after arrival for your request to be reviewed
- Super Rush – the processing lasts only 186 days after arrival
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
The issuing authority usually takes about 15 business days to process your application form. Even so, it is recommended that you apply 8 weeks in advance of your departure so that you can have some certainty.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The amount you are charged for a UK Standard Visitor Visa depends on your nationality and the processing speed you select for your application. As a Vietnamese citizen, the following fees apply to you:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 90.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The validity period of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is 186 days after arrival starting the arrival date.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
As a UK Standard Visitor Visa holder, your stay in the United Kingdom cannot exceed 186 days Total. You can apply for an extension.