As a Yemeni citizen, you must obtain a visa if you want to travel to the United Kingdom for business, tourism, or medical purposes. Although a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not available online, iVisa can still be of some assistance with the application process. To learn more about the UK Standard Visitor Visa and how iVisa can be of help, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the online application process work?
One thing is for sure. The UK Standard Visitor Visa cannot be acquired online. However, iVisa’s help consists of assistance with the application form that must be submitted to the British embassy. Instead of you going down there and filling in an application, you can fill one out online and iVisa will submit it for you. We will also schedule your interview appointment and send a document checklist so that you can attend your interview fully prepared.
What documents and information are required for the online application process?
When you fill in the online application form, you must have on hand a few documents and some information. But, as you are about to find out, the list is not long, and the items on it are relatively easy to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Biometric passport – take a look at its expiry date to make sure it remains valid for another 6 months from your arrival date in the United Kingdom
- Accommodation information – it is not mandatory to provide an exact address; a travel itinerary will suffice
- Means of sustenance – you must be able to prove that you can support yourself (and your dependents if applicable) during your trip to the United Kingdom
- Proof of business or any other activity that justifies the purpose of your visit
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
- E-mail address – any document that iVisa provides arrives via e-mail, so make sure to provide a valid address
How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
Your application form will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. To that effect, iVisa gives you three processing speed options, and you are free to select the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard – 9 days
- Rush – 7 days
- Super Rush – 5 days
How long does it take for a UK Standard Visitor Visa to be ready?
It takes approximately 15 days for the British embassy to process a visa application form. Even so, our recommendation is that you apply for your visa 8 weeks in advance. That way, you give yourself a margin of error.
How much does a UK Standard Visitor Visa cost?
The price of a UK Standard Visitor Visa is not fixed. It is determined by your nationality and the processing speed of your application. As a Yemeni citizen, here is how much you have to pay for each processing time option:
- Standard – USD 170.00
- Rush – USD 200.00
- Super Rush – USD 220.00
How long is the UK Standard Visitor Visa valid for?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa remains valid for 186 days after arrival.
How many entries does a UK Standard Visitor Visa ensure?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a UK Standard Visitor Visa?
When you hold a UK Standard Visitor Visa, you are permitted to spend up to 186 days in Total in the United Kingdom.
If necessary, you can apply for an extension.