The UK Passenger Locator Form is a document essential for foreign travelers and returning citizens. They must fill out this form correctly so they will be able to enter the country. The form will be required for all travelers going into the UK from outside the Common Travel Area. Read on and find out what travelers need to know about the UK Passenger Locator Form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What basic details do I have to know about the UK Passenger Locator Form?
The form is a necessary document for all travelers to show when they travel into the United Kingdom from any country outside of the Common Travel Area (CTA). The CTA consists of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Travelers inbound from any of the locations in the CTA will not need to fill out the form.
The form must be completed online before arriving. If you have completed the passenger locator form for another country, you will still fill out another one for the United Kingdom. Completing the form after your arrival in the country might make it more difficult and it may take longer for the authorities to allow you to enter the country.
You need to remember to complete the form no earlier than 48 hours before you are scheduled to touch down in a UK point of entry. Completion of the form is online. DO NOT print the form out then fill it out by hand. You may also need to show a Health Declaration Form so you should get one to make sure.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter United Kingdom?
COVID vaccination certificates are not mandatory to enter the United Kingdom, however, fully vaccinated travelers will not have to quarantine.
- Approved vaccines are AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna, or Janssen.
- Travelers must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before arriving in England.
- Please note: To qualify as fully vaccinated, travelers must be vaccinated under an approved vaccination program.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest United Kingdom travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to the United Kingdom?
- COVID test prior to arrival- fully vaccinated travelers: There are no pre-departure testing requirements for fully vaccinated travelers.
- COVID test prior to arrival- unvaccinated travelers: PCR or antigen within 72 hours.
- COVID test after arrival- fully vaccinated travelers: Pre-booked PCR or antigen within 2 days
- COVID test after arrival- unvaccinated travelers: Pre-booked PCR or antigen within 2 days and on or after day 8
- COVID test exemptions- vaccinated and unvaccinated: Travelers arriving in the UK from Ireland, the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, St Helena or Ascension don't need a COVID-19 test to enter. Travelers moving between Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are also exempt from testing requirements.
Information for all travelers arriving from red list countries
- COVID test after arrival- red list countries: PCR on day 2 and day 8.
Do I need to quarantine upon arrival in the United Kingdom?
- Quarantine requirements- fully vaccinated travelers: There are no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Quarantine requirements- unvaccinated travelers: 10 days home quarantine which can end early with a negative private test result on day 5.
Information for all travelers arriving from red list countries between midday 26 November and 4am 28 November
- Quarantine requirements 10 days self-isolation
- Quarantine testing PCR on day 2 and day 8.
Information for UK nationals and residents arriving from red list countries after 4am 28 November
- Quarantine requirements 10 days hotel quarantine
- Quarantine testing PCR on or before day 2 and day 8.
What do I need to do when I arrive in the UK?
After arriving at any point of entry into the country, you will need to present one of the following:
1.A printed copy of the received confirmation email, or;
2.Show them the confirmation email on your mobile phone.
The government of the United Kingdom will use the information you have put into the form to contact you if you or someone who traveled with you is showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If you need to go on self-quarantine in the UK, the information will be used to periodically check on the progress of your self-isolation.
What else do I need to know about the form?
When traveling with other people, you need to remember that each of you must complete a separate form. If you have traveling companions who are younger than 18 years old, they will not need to fill out their own forms if you will arrive in the UK and leave together, if you will be staying at the same address in the UK, and if you add their information into the form that you are filling out.
If you are someone who needs to enter more than once in a 48 hour period, you can include multiple entries in one form. You can do that if you are a transport crew member or a provider of essential goods and services. Also, make sure that you have a Health Declaration Form with you so you can be sure that the authorities will allow you to enter the country.
What is the purpose of the UK Passenger Locator Form?
As stated earlier, the form is used to contact the traveler if he or someone he is traveling with develops symptoms of COVID-19. This makes contact tracing easier, thereby helping to make sure that infected travelers get the help that they need to be cured of the disease.
Information on the form will also be used to check on the progress of the traveler’s self-isolation. This helps ensure that contact between people is minimized, and the spread of the disease is slowed down or halted.
How safe is iVisa.com to use?
The iVisa.com platform is one of the safest on the web. It is secured by the top security software, ensuring that customer information cannot be accessed by anybody except company personnel who are authorized to do so.
What do I do if I need more information?
Just go to the iVisa.com website and browse for the travel information that you need. And feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.