It’s possible to apply for a passport renewal after a name change. The key is to have all the right documentation with you when applying for the passport renewal. According to US Government guidelines, you should attach your marriage certificate, court order, or divorce certificate. Any of these documents can confirm your name change. Our experts can explain how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
US citizens with a valid US passport living in the United States can acquire the online service provided by iVisa.com. Our affordable service offers an expert team that will check your application is 100% compliant with US Government standards. We can tell you how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
How does the Passport Renewal Service work with iVisa.com?
The process only has three steps that we explain next:
- Fill out the digital form and include your passport photo. Make a payment for the US Government fee and our service.
- Receive a kit with the required documents. The kit will include a bank check of the US Government fee. Sign the forms and send the package to the post office.
- Monitor the process of your passport renewal.
In case you want to travel in less than 6 weeks, we can’t support you. The standard process takes 10 weeks, which means your new passport won’t be with you before traveling.
Let us explain how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the Passport Renewal with iVisa.com?
As a US citizen living in the United States with a valid US passport, you can apply for the passport renewal with us. Also, you must meet these requirements:
- Your current passport is with you.
- Your passport is in good condition.
- You are 16 years old or older.
- The issue date in your passport is within the last 15 years.
- Your current name can be seen on your current passport.
- You acquired your current passport after or at 16 years old.
Our team can explain how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
Do I have to send my current passport to iVisa.com?
No! We don’t need your passport. We need you to wait for a kit with the following items:
- A DS-82 Form ready for your signature.
- A printed and stapled passport photo.
- A bank check with the US government fee.
- A USPS envelope with postage.
All you need to do is sign the form and ship the package on with your current passport. We know, it’s so simple! Keep checking how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
How long does it take to obtain my new passport?
It usually takes 10 weeks for the standard process. Select the expedited service that only takes 4 to 6 weeks. However, you will need to pay an extra USD 60.
Continue learning how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
How much does it cost to renew my passport?
It costs USD 130 for the US Government fee. Also, you must select an option for the iVisa.com fee:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
Remember that it will take 10 weeks to process your new passport. Still, if you can pay an extra fee of USD 60, your new passport will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. We can tell you how to apply for a passport renewal after a name change.
Traveling to a new destination is always an incredible experience. Visit Spain and explore the famous cities of Madrid and Barcelona. Madrid, the capital, offers the Royal Palace. This is a massive building with luxurious rooms that show you how the Spanish Royal family lives. Every room has intricate design with paintings by famous Spanish and international artists. Continue with El Prado Museum, which has a huge collection of artwork. Check ‘Las Meninas’ of Velasquez and enjoy the scene of the girls in the painting. Also, explore El Bosco artwork that will take you on a ride.
Visit Barcelona during summer so you can enjoy the fabulous beaches. Go to La Rambla, where you can find local restaurants offering the famous tapas. Taste small bites of food, perfect for an afternoon gathering or late night snack. Visit Park Guel, where the architect Gaudi let his imagination fly. The colorful design of the park will take you on a fun journey. Continue with the Sagrada Familia Basilica that is still under construction after decades. We are sure the building will take your breath away. Spain is waiting for you. Get your passport renewal now.