The US Government provides the possibility to acquire passports for children, and we have all the details about how to apply for a child passport in the USA. You will need to complete the Form-DS 11 and bring a set of requirements to a US Government facility. We can tell you how to apply for child passport in USA.
If you also need to renew your passport and you’re an adult, we have great news! You can trust iVisa.com with an error-free procedure. Our one-stop service is all you need and you will find everything in one place.
Our service is available for US citizens that carry a valid US passport. Also, you need to be in the United States at the moment of the process. Check how to apply for child passport in USA with us.
How does the process work?
If you want to find out how to apply for child passport in USA, check these three steps:
- Complete Form-DS 11 with the minor’s details. You will need to have US citizenship evidence, parental relationship documentation, an identification document, and a photo.
- Check the fee according to the service you want. You need to bring a check for that amount.
- Visit a passport acceptance facility with the child and provide all the documentation. You can track the application status.
Although the child passport requires an in-person process, the passport renewal service for adults with iVisa.com is the opposite. You don’t need to leave your home to start it. Complete an online form and include a photo. Continue by paying for the US Government service and our fee. After that, we will send you a kit with the required documents. You only need to sign them and ship them. Afterward, you can track the shipment.
Receive your new passport in 10 weeks for the standard service and 4 to 6 weeks for the expedited service. In this case, you will need to pay an extra USD 60.
Check all the details about how to apply for a child passport in the USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
Our service is available for US citizens that have a valid US passport. Also, you need to comply with these requirements:
- Your current passport is in your possession.
- Your passport doesn’t have any damage.
- You can’t be younger than 16 years old.
- The issue date in your passport isn’t older than 15 years.
- Your current name appears on your passport.
- Your passport must have been obtained after or at 16 years old.
Now that you’re ready to renew your passport, go for it! Read how to apply for child passport in USA and travel as a family.
Does iVisa.com need my current passport?
There is no need to send your passport to iVisa.com. You will receive a kit with these documents:
- A DS-82 Form that you need to sign.
- A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
- A bank check to cover the US Government fee.
- A USPS envelope with postage.
Check the documents and out your signature. Get all the documentation and passport to the closest mailbox. Now you’re ready to know all about how to apply for child passport in USA.
How much does it cost to get a passport renewed?
The US Government charges USD 130. Also, you will need to choose from these services:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
Remember that it will take 10 weeks for your passport to arrive. You can pay an extra fee of USD 60 and get your new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
We can tell you how to apply for child passport in USA. Go for your passport renewal now.
The US passport gives you entry to plenty of countries. We recommend visiting Germany soon. The historic cities, small villages, natural landscapes, and incredible modern history make Germany a fascinating destination. If you want to explore art and have a city vibe, visit Munich, Frankfurt, or Hamburg. In case you’re more into nature and up for an adventure, you can head to the Bavarian Alps, the Black Forest, or the Rhine Valley. Some small villages still preserve their original medieval monuments and some traditions.
During Christmas, don’t miss the famous markets, where you can purchase gifts for the holiday celebrations. Before you go, explore Berlin, the capital. Here, you have Museum Island, where you can explore a set of museums that hold artifacts from other countries. Check the Nefertiti bust or a whole ancient Middle East city. Visit the Berlin Wall, where you can find urban art and plenty of messages about the political history of Germany.
By the end of September, you can enjoy the Oktoberfest, the biggest beer festival in the world. Try German beer with some currywurst, a delicious sausage dish. We’re sure you will enjoy every part of Germany.