How to Fill Out Passport Name Change Form

iVisa | Updated on Jun 26, 2022

Contrary to years ago when it was necessary to go to official consulates to get a passport renewed, you can now do a big part of the process online. You only require a few things to start, so it shouldn’t be challenging for you at all. Plus, with, you’ll be able to renew your passport without much effort.

Fill me in

If your passport was issued a year ago, then you only have to do a few things. You need a document stating the name change (for example, a marriage certificate, a court order, etc). You also have to fill in an online form and complete the process using a passport kit we’ll post out to you via mail.

If you want to see how to fill out passport name change form, read the questions below.

How to Fill Out Passport Name Change Form?

In case your passport was issued more than one year ago, then you won’t have to do many things to change the name and renew it. You can easily fill-out a passport name change form by using our platform and rest assured that it’ll require a few minutes of your day. Follow these steps to process your passport name change:

  • First: Fill out the passport name change form, upload and attach your photo and proceed with the payment once you’re ready.
  • Second: Obtain the passport kit with all the necessary things to renew your passport and drop it off at the nearest post office, adding your name change document and passport .
  • Third: Track every step of the process by checking your email inbox. You’ll receive your passport in about 4-6 weeks or 10 weeks depending on the processing speed you select. Read the FAQs below for more details.

We offer these services only if your next travel is at least 6 weeks after you start your passport renewal. Keep in mind that this process can take up to 10 weeks from start to finish.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions

What items are necessary for the passport name change?

The US Government designed two lists of items based on two different cases. These are:

Case 1: If your passport is more than a year old, you must get the following items and documents:

  • A DS-82 form.
  • Your current passport
  • Passport photo
  • A valid name change document.
  • You might also need to pay an extra fee if you include an adult or child fee.

Case 2: If your passport was issued less than one year ago, you need:

  • A DS-5504 form.
  • Passport photo
  • Current passport
  • A document that states your name change.

You could need other items depending on your personal circumstance. The good thing is that you don’t have to worry about that because we can help. Whatever your case is, we’ll ensure you get the right documents so that your passport renewal name change goes easily.

Who can apply for a Passport Renewal Service with

This service is available for US citizens currently living in the United States with a valid US passport. Aside from that, the citizen must also meet these criteria:

  • The passport is in the applicant’s possession.
  • The passport must be in a good state.
  • The applicant is older than 16 years old.
  • The issue date in the passport is within the last 15 years.
  • The current name appears on the current passport.
  • The applicant obtained the passport at 16 years old or later.

The applicant also needs a document that shows the name change. This document can be a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, or a court order.

Do I have to send my passport to

You don’t have to. Besides, you’ll receive a passport kit with all the necessary items to renew your document, including:

  • A DS-82 Form ready to be signed
  • A printed and stapled passport photo.
  • A bank check with the US government fee.
  • A USPS envelope ready to be shipped.

Please be aware that you’ll have to sign the form and go to the post office with your complete kit, name change evidence and passport once you’re ready. If you want to see How to Fill Out Passport Name Change Form, check our website.

How much time do I have to wait to get my passport ready?

The US Government has two services depending on how fast you want to get your passport. One is the standard process that takes 10 weeks, and the other is the expedited process that can take up to 4 to 6 weeks. Be aware that you have to pay an extra fee of USD 60 for the expedited service.

How much does it cost to renew my passport?

The official fee is USD 130. Nevertheless, you also have to pay’s fee, and this changes depending on how fast you want to receive your kit:

  • Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40

You’ll have to wait at least 10 weeks to obtain your new passport, but if you pay USD 60 for the expedited service, you’ll only have to wait from 4 to 6 weeks.

See How to Fill Out Passport Name Change Form on our website. Recommends

Traveling the world is a hobby that is worth enjoying to the fullest. It is not difficult to do it if you have everything required, although the plane ticket alone is not enough. You must also have an updated passport.

If you want to renew your passport, we recommend you use our services at This way, you can plan your next trip to iconic places such as Paris in France, Rome in Italy, or London in the United Kingdom. If you are a fan of the European continent, you cannot miss out on a tour of London Bridge or a gondola ride through the watery streets of Venice. Nor can you forget to relax in one of the cozy cafes in Paris with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower.

When it comes to beach spots, there’s a lot to choose from, but nothing like the Caribbean islands, especially the Netherlands Antilles and countries like Costa Rica, Cuba, and Barbados. This is the best region to rest on white sands, refresh yourself with crystal clear waters, and admire beautiful sunsets.

Get ready for your adventure by renewing your passport with us!

Was this page helpful?