The US Department of State allows American citizens to renew their passports by mail if they determine that the eligibility criteria are met. In this article, we’re going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to do that.
Perhaps you are thinking that it can be a difficult and stressful process to obtain the renewal of your passport. Fortunately, we have a solution to make this process easier for you.
So, if you’re asking right now how to renew a US Passport by mail, we suggest keeping reading the question below because we’re ready to help you with our services at iVisa.com.
How does the Process Work?
It’s quite simple to renew your passport with us, just follow these steps:
- Fill in the online form and add your passport photo. Next, continue with the payment for the US Government fee and our service.
- Obtain the professional kit with all the things required for the new passport, including a bank cheque with the US Government fee. Remember that you must also sign the form and carry the documents to your mailbox.
- Our agents will check all the details carefully to be sure that everything’s alright before sending the request to the government.
Am I Eligible for Passport Renewal with iVisa.com?
By now, only citizens from the US can enjoy this service. To do so, they have to collect the following documents:
- A DS-82 Form with a valid signature.
- A printed and stapled passport photograph.
- A bank cheque with the US government fee included (you’ll have to pay for it while filling in the online application form).
- You also need a USPS envelope.
In case you’re traveling for less than 6 weeks, we cannot provide you the service as your passport won’t arrive on due time. Keep in mind that the average processing time lasts 10 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
This online service is only available for the citizens of the US as long as they follow these criteria:
- The applicant has the current passport on their possession
- The passport isn’t damaged.
- The applicant is 16 years old or older.
- The passport’s issue date is within the last 15 years.
- The passport must be issued with the applicant’s current full name.
If you want to know how to renew a US passport by mail, go to this link.
Why should I feel comfortable giving the SSN to iVisa.com?
Every piece of information you give to iVisa.com follows the requirements of the General Data Protection (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We strongly believe that data ownership is a fundamental human right, therefore, we do not license or trade any of your private information to third-party companies.
The SSN you share with us is a requirement made by the US government to complete your DS-82 Form correctly, as it is a government commitment to include it in the Passport Renewal request.
How will I know when my new passport is on its way?
By being alert to your email inbox because our customer service team will always let you know when the government is preparing the passport renewal request. The average waiting can be up to 8 - 10 weeks with standard service or 4 - 6 weeks with the rush service.
What should I do if my passport gets refused?
It’s quite difficult to get the passport rejected, but in that case, we’ll offer you a 100% refund of our iVisa.com fee.
To see how to renew a US Passport by mail, click here.
What should I do if I make a mistake while applying?
All of our agents will be ready to assist you at any time with any issue you have, plus, they’ll ensure that all the information you offer is completely accurate.
How long does it take to get my new Passport?
The processing time will vary depending on how fast you want to receive your passport. We can speed up the process depending on your budget, these are our options:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72.
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60.
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40.
Take into account that our prices include the Government fee of USD 130.
After you obtain the kit, wait 10 weeks for your renewed passport. If you pay USD 60, you can have your passport renewed ready between 4 to 6 weeks.
Click here to see how to renew a US passport by mail.
You might know by now that traveling is probably one of the most popular hobbies around the world. Nevertheless, to travel to any country you like, you must make sure that your passport is valid so that you have no issues once you arrive at any international airport.
By getting your passport renewed and ready to use, you’ll be able to enjoy many beauties around the world, including impressive mountain ranges like the Andes or the Himalayas. If you prefer something warmer, then you can explore the beaches in the exotic Caribbean Sea, including breathtaking islands like Barbados, Bahamas, Bermuda, and many more.
Do you prefer to enjoy historical buildings or romantic streets? Maybe Europe is your destination. This continent is also an incredible place to visit at almost any time of the year.
As you can notice, you can visit many countries around the world, but only by having your passport ready to use.