Are you looking for a name change in your passport? You can do it now through an online service. To do this process, you’ll have to get an official document showing your name change, like a court order or a marriage certificate. Aside from that, the process is pretty simple and it won’t require much of your time.
With iVisa.com you’ll be able to speed up this process thanks to our 3-step method. The iVisa Passport Renewal service is what you need if you’re looking for an easy-to-understand process.
For more information related to the Passport Name Change Fee, we recommend you read the information below.
Bear in mind that this renewal service is available for US citizens with valid US passports living in the United States. Learn more about this process in the following questions.
What is the process to change the name in a passport?
If you want a passport name change you’ll just have to follow the three steps of the iVisa Passport Renewal service.
With this service, you’ll only have to include an official document confirming your name change, for example, a marriage certificate, or court order. Once you get your passport kit in the mail, you’ll have all of the documents you need to fill it out along with instructions for how to process the passport name change.
Follow these steps to do the process successfully:
- Step 1: Fill in our online form, upload your passport-sized photo, , and pay for the fees.
- Step 2: Obtain your passport kit. It will have everything you need to renew your passport. Once you complete the process, drop it off at the nearest mailbox or post office- include your name change document.
- Step 3: Track every step of the process via email and receive your passport in 4-6 weeks or 10 weeks, depending on the processing speed you select. Take into account that we only offer these services when your next trip is at least 6 weeks later than when you start the passport renewal. That’s because the usual procedure can take 10 weeks from start to finish.
See the info below to get more details about the Passport Name Change Fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for the passport name change?
The list of requirements vary depending on which of the following two cases applies to you:
Case 1: If your passport has over a year of validity, you need:
- A DS-82 form.
- Your passport
- A valid passport photo
- Name change document.
- Depending on your age, you will need to include an adult or child fee.
Case 2: If your passport was issued less than a year ago, you’ll have to get:
- A DS-5504 form.
- A valid passport photo
- Current passport
- Document that states your name change.
Learn more about the Passport Name Change Fee with the information below.
Who is eligible to apply for the Passport Renewal?
This service is available for US citizens living in the United States with a valid US passport. You have to meet these criteria as well:
- You must have your current passport in your possession.
- The passport must be in a good state.
- You are older than 16 years old.
- The issue date in your passport is within the last 15 years.
- Your current name appears on your current passport.
- You got your current passport after or at 16 years old.
Don’t forget that to process the name change you’ll also need a document that proves your name change.
See more information about your Passport Name Change Fee here.
Do I have to send my current passport to iVisa.com?
No, that’s not necessary! We don’t need your passport to process the name change. You will receive a package with these items:
- A DS-82 Form ready to be signed
- A printed and stapled passport photo.
- A bank check with the US government fee.
- A USPS envelope ready to be shipped.
You only have to sign the form and go to the post office with your complete iVisa.com kit and current passport and include your name change document, but you don’t have to send it to us at any time.
How long does it take to obtain my new passport?
The US Government provides two services for passport renewal. The standard process takes 10 weeks, while the expedited process takes 4 to 6 weeks. Nevertheless, you have to pay an extra fee of USD 60 for the last one.
Passport Name Change Fee: How much does it cost to renew my passport?
The US Government fee is USD 110. Additionally, iVisa.com charges an extra fee depending on how fast you’d like to process the passport name change:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
Take into account that it will take 10 weeks to obtain your new passport unless you pay USD 60 for the expedited service. The expedited service takes 4 to 6 weeks.
Traveling nowadays can be tricky after so many obstacles (including a scary pandemic), but the good news is that many countries are opening their doors little by little, so you shouldn’t lose the opportunity to plan your next trip. It can be to traditionally romantic Paris full of cozy cafés, or relaxing Santorini in Greece, where you will easily fall in love with the sunsets. Regardless of your destination, there’s no excuse to believe that traveling is impossible.
Countries like Mexico, Argentina, and Peru also have so much to offer, including amazing ruins like the ancient Mayan sites of Chichen Itza and Tulum. Not to mention the famous Machu Picchu in Cusco which is one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
If you prefer beaches and a sunny climate, then the Caribbean is your destination. Countries like Costa Rica, Barbados, Bermuda, among others, are ready to help you feel relaxed.
Don’t waste the opportunity to travel just because of an outdated passport. Get your Passport Name Change Fee now and get ready for your adventure!