Do you need information on passport renewal in Jacksonville, FL? You have come to the right place. Below, you will find everything you need to know before starting the renewal application process.
Before providing you with more specific information, know that passport renewal can be achieved using one of two ways. You either apply by mail, or you go to a passport agency to submit an application in person. The method you can use depends on how fast you need your new passport.
Now, the renewal of your passport will be much easier and less complex since iVisa has launched a new digital platform so that we can help you with that whole process. Completing this application form will really take you about 10 minutes of your time.
What are the eligibility criteria for a passport renewal by mail?
To be able to apply for a passport renewal by mail, all the statements below must be true:
- You can submit your passport along with the other required documents (as in you still have it.)
- Your passport was issued when you were at least 16.
- The passport was issued in the last 15 years.
- Your passport is not damaged. Normal ‘wear and tear’ is fine.
- The passport you want to renew is issued in your current name. However, if you have a legal document that attests to your name change, this criterion is met, and you can proceed with the application by mail.
If you comply with each of the aforementioned, then get ready to renew your passport with iVisa on this page.
What documents are necessary for submission by mail?
In case you establish that all the statements above are true, you can proceed and get ready for a renewal application by mail. If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. Our customers are available 24/7. Here is what you’ll have to submit:
- The passport you want to renew.
- A completed, signed, and dated DS-82 form – you can fill it using the form filler on the US Department of State website, or you can print and complete it by hand.
- One passport photo – according to the US Department of State, the picture must be 2 by 2 inches with a white background. It must not be older than 6 months, and you cannot appear wearing glasses unless you have a signed letter from your doctor.
- If applicable, the document that attests to your name change – this can be a marriage certificate, a divorce decree, or any other legal document that can confirm your name change.
- The fee for your passport renewal – an adult passport book costs $110, and a card is $30. If you want both, you will be charged $140. But please do not send cash. You must use a check or a money order payable to the US Department of State.
Once you have everything you need, you must get an envelope big enough for all the documents to fit unfolded. Address the envelope to: National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 640155, Irving, TX 75064-0155.
When is it necessary to apply for a passport renewal in person?
The US Department of State also gives you the opportunity to apply for a passport renewal in person when your trip is scheduled in less than 2 weeks. If that’s the case, you can go to a passport agency. An expedite fee of $60 must be paid.
For requirements and more information about passport renewal in person, please check out the US Department of State website.
Acquire your passport renewal with iVisa!