If you are one of the people who are thinking of doing this type of passport renewal and you do not have much time, let me tell you that iVisa is the solution. If you choose iVisa, you will see that the form you must complete will be simple and you will only need 10 minutes of your time to do it. The entire process will be 100% online so you must make sure you have a debit credit card or even a PayPal account to pay for your request.
When you are eligible for a passport renewal by mail, you are asked to send the required documentation to a specific address. However, that address depends on where you are applying. Not everyone can send their documents to the same facility.
For instance, if you reside in California, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, New York, or Texas, the address on the envelope should be as follows: National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 640155, Irving, TX 75064-0155.
On the other hand, if you live in any other state or in Canada when you renew your passport, you must send in your documents to National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155.
The address also differs if you want an expedited passport renewal process. Write EXPEDITE on the envelope, and address it to: National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90955, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955.
Passport Renewal Mailing Address Overseas
If you live outside the United States, in a country besides Canada, you must contact the US Embassy and Consulate to inquire about the address to which you must send your documents. However, please remember that not all countries accept passport renewal by mail. In some of them, your only option is to go in person at the nearest US Embassy.
What does the envelope must contain?
When you apply for a passport renewal by mail, you have to make sure that the envelope contains all the required documents. They are as follows:
- The passport you want to renew – make sure that it meets the eligibility criteria (it’s still in your possession, not older than 15 years, undamaged, issued when you were at least 16 years in your current name.)
- A DS-82 form – you can find it online on the US Department of State website. Fill it in carefully, and do not forget to sign and date it before you send it.
- A valid name change document – if the passport is not issued in your current name, you have to provide a legal document that attests to your name change. For instance, if your name is different now as a result of marriage, you have to submit your marriage certificate.
- A passport photo – according to the US Department of State, the passport photo must measure 2 by 2 inches. It cannot be older than 6 months. The background must be white, and you cannot appear wearing glasses.
- The passport renewal fee – the cost of an adult passport book is $110, and the card costs $30. When you renew by mail, you cannot make the payment using cash. You must use a check or a money order payable to the US Department of State. Overseas, the payment must be made to the US Consulate General.
The bottom line is that the passport renewal mailing address differs depending on where you reside. If you need more information on this, please contact the US Department of State website.
What can I do if I have doubts about the topic?
If you still have questions, you can contact our group of customer service operators. They will attend you at any time.