If someone steals your passport, you could be a victim of identity theft. In this case, you need to report it to the US Government through an online portal, phone, or mail. Our team is ready to give you a hand with your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
After reporting it, you will need to follow a few steps to replace it. iVisa.com can give you all the details and support you with a passport renewal service. We offer an affordable and error-free procedure that will allow you to have your new passport most easily.
US citizens residing in the United States with a valid US passport are eligible to get our service. We can help you with your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
How does the process work?
The process to report your stolen passport goes as follow:
- Go to the online portal of the US Government and click on the ‘Report Lost or Stolen’ tab. You will have the option to apply for a new passport.
- If you want to do it by mail, you need to complete, sign and mail Form DS-64.
- The US Government also provides a phone alternative. Call 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793).
iVisa.com can help you with a passport renewal service. You will need to fill out an online form and attach a passport photo. Pay for the US Government fee and our service. Expect a kit with the required documents that you need to sign. Ship them all, and you’re good to go!
The standard service takes around 10 weeks. However, you can pay an extra fee USD 60 for quicker service. Your new passport will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks.
We know the answer to your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
US citizens with valid US passports can access our service. Also, you need to follow these guidelines:
- Your passport is in your possession.
- Your passport is in good condition.
- You aren’t younger than 16 years old.
- The issued date in your passport doesn’t go beyond 15 years.
- Your name is shown in your passport.
- You acquired your latest passport after or at 16 years old.
Continue checking the answer to your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
Does iVisa.com need my current passport?
No! We don’t need any documents from your side to finish the process. We need you to wait for a kit with the following items:
- A DS-82 Form that you need to sign.
- A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
- A bank check showing the US Government fee.
- A USPS envelope ready for shipment.
Once you receive the package, you need to sign the form. Take your passport and the whole kit to the nearest mailbox.
Remember that we can help you with your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
How much does it cost to get my passport renewed?
First, you need to pay USD 130 for the US Government fee. Add the fee according to the service you need:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
After sending your kit, you will wait 10 weeks for your new passport. Still, you could pay an extra fee of USD 60 and have your new passport in 4 to 6 weeks.
We can support you with your question: What happens if someone steals your passport?
Once you recover your passport, you need to check where to travel next. We recommend visiting Panama. Although the country has a small geographic area, you have an incredible array of alternatives. You can visit natural landscapes, towns, and beaches. You can even find beaches on both coasts, the Pacific and the Caribbean. The beaches are spectacular as you lay down and enjoy the turquoise waters. Tons of beach resorts offer all types of services for all budgets. Make sure to book it in advance if you decide to travel during the high season. There are other alternatives in Panama, such as coffee plantations, wildlife, and hiking trails.
Make your way to Panama City, where you can find countless places for shopping, dining, and attractions. You need to pass by the Panama Canal, the most relevant commercial spot for Central America. Visit the Casco Viejo or Old Town to learn more about Panama’s colonial past. Indulge in the monuments and colonial buildings. Panama is also a favorite spot for cruises. If you decide to travel on a cruise ship, you will likely visit Panama at some point.