If you want to know what happens if you lose your passport with a US visa, we have the details here. First of all, you need to report the case to the police. Then, you need to contact your embassy for a new passport. As soon as you arrive at your home country, you need to report the lost US visa to the US Embassy or Consulate and check the steps to acquire it again.
iVisa.com can help you with the passport renewal passport for US citizens living in the United States with valid US passports. We have all you need with our affordable and error-free procedure.
Continue learning what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa in the following lines.
How does the process work?
You no longer have to wonder what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa as we have the details next:
- Report the case to the local police. They will provide a report that you will use later on.
- Contact the embassy that issues your passport to get a new one. You will need it before leaving the United States and entering your home country or another country.
- Upon arrival in your home country, contact the US embassy or Consulate and check the steps to report your lost US visa.
iVisa.com can help you with the passport renewal service. You only need to connect to our platform and complete an online form. You need to attach a passport photo and pay for the service. Expect a kit with the documentation you need to sign. Finally, you need to send all the documents to the nearest mailbox and track your application.
The standard process lasts 10 weeks, but you can pay an extra fee of USD 60 and have your travel document in 4 to 6 weeks.
Let’s check what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
The passport renewal service with iVisa.com is available for US citizens with valid US passports. Besides, you need to comply with the following guidelines:
- Your passport is currently with you.
- Your passport is in a perfect state.
- You are older than 16 years old.
- The issued date in your passport isn’t older than 15 years.
- Your name is shown in your passport.
- You obtained your latest passport after or at 16 years old.
If you need to renew your passport soon, we got you covered. We can explain what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa.
Does iVisa.com need my current passport?
No! Our team doesn’t need your passport to start the process. You should expect a package with these items:
- A DS-82 Form that you should sign.
- A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
- A bank check to cover the US Government fee.
- A USPS envelope with postage.
You should sign the form and take the whole package to the closest mailbox. Don’t forget to take your passport, as well. Now you only need to wait.
Remember that we can tell you what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa.
How much does it cost to get my passport renewal?
You need to pay USD 110 for the US Government fee. Also, you need to between these alternatives for our fee:
- Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
- Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40
After you send the kit, it will take 10 weeks to receive the new passport. However, you could pay USD 60 and receive your passport in just 4 to 6 weeks.
We’re ready to support you with the details about what happens if you lost your passport with a US visa.
Your renewed passport gives you the chance to travel. We recommend planning a trip to New Zealand. You will find lots of natural wonders, from snow-capped peaks to forests. Check Rotorua, the world’s largest geothermal area, where you can see mud ponds and springs that show you the earth’s force. If you’re looking for some adventure, New Zealand is the perfect spot. You have the ideal scenarios to do rafting, luging, skydiving, hiking, and mountain biking. Besides, New Zealand offers one of the highest bungee jumps in the world.
All these wonderful activities and landscapes are available at Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound in South Island. Try your luck with the Milford Track and explore the massive territory of this natural reserve. In North Island, you will find the spectacular Bay of Islands. The islands are perfect for sailing, kayaking, and yachting, and they’re only a few hours away from Auckland. Take a tour to check the Hole in the Rock, a famous rock formation. Besides, you can visit the nearby towns of Russel and Opua. New Zealand is waiting for you.