US lost passport abroad details
iVisa | Updated on Dec 24, 2021

If you lost your US passport abroad, you need to contact the nearest US embassy or consulate immediately. The US Government will provide you with all the tools to get your new passport according to your travel itinerary back to the United States. Our team can explain about the US lost passport abroad.

Fill me in can give you a hand with a passport renewal service once you have arrived back in the United States. Our service is open for US citizens with valid US passports.

We can tell you all about the US lost passport abroad.

How does the process work?

The process to report your lost US passport abroad is simple. You need to follow these steps:

  • Contact the closest US embassy or consulate to report your lost US passport.
  • You need to bring a passport photo, ID, evidence of US citizenship, travel itinerary, police report (if you have one), DS-11 Application for passport, and DS-64 Statement regarding a lost or stolen passport.
  • The US embassy will confirm when you will have your new passport. offers the passport renewal service. You can start the application by completing an online form and attaching your passport photo. Proceed to pay for the US Government fee and our service. After that, we will send a kit with all the required documents. Sign and send the kit to the closest mailbox. You will wait around 10 weeks for your new passport. If you want it sooner, you can pay an extra fee of USD 60 and obtain the travel document in 4 to 6 weeks.

Learn more about the US lost passport abroad details.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is this service for?

US citizens with valid US passports can access our service. Also, you need to comply with these guidelines:

  • You have your passport with you.
  • Your passport doesn’t show any damage.
  • You aren’t younger than 16 years old.
  • The issued date in your passport doesn’t go over 15 years.
  • Your name appears in your passport.
  • Your latest passport was acquired after or at 16 years old.

You can have your passport renewed now with We can help you with the information about the US lost passport abroad.

Does need my current passport?

There is no need to send us any travel documentation for the procedure. You will receive a kit with these items:

  • A DS-82 Form ready for your signature.
  • A printed and stapled Passport Photo.
  • A bank check showing your US Government fee.
  • A USPS envelope with postage that you need to ship.

As soon as you receive the package, check the documentation and sign the form. Take your current passport and the kit to the nearest post office.

Go for your passport renewal today and check all about the US lost passport abroad details.

How much does it cost to get my passport renewed?

First of all, you need to make a payment of USD 130 for the US Government fee. Besides, you need to add the fee for the service you select:

  • Select Kit Shipping Time: Same Day Free Shipping (cut-off 2pm EST) for $72
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 2 Day Free Shipping for $60
  • Select Kit Shipping Time: 4 Day Free Shipping for $40

Remember that it will take around 10 weeks to receive the new passport. For an extra fee of USD 60, you could have your new document in 4 to 6 weeks.

Trust our team and get your new passport. We have all the information you need about the US lost passport abroad. Recommends

Having your new passport opens tons of possibilities to travel to lots of destinations. Fiji is an incredible country to start your next trip. Explore the tropical islands and enjoy the welcoming locals. Over 300 islands define this South Pacific paradise.

Make your way to Suva, located on the largest island of Viti Levu, Fiji’s capital. Also, explore Nadi on the island’s westerns side, where you will find the Coral Coast and Denarau Island. Check the sand dunes, mud pools, and hot springs. Besides, you can head to Beqa Lagoon, where you can dive with sharks or raft the Upper Navua River. We can confirm you will enjoy the pristine jungle.

Continue with the Mamanuca Islands, where you will see tons of surfers enjoying the massive waves. Fiji also offers the fourth largest barrier reef in the world and mystical caves ready for your visit. If you want to explore several spots in Fiji, we recommend taking the Blue Lagoon Cruise. This exclusive service will take you along the most famous islands in Fiji. It departs from Port Denarau.

Let's stay in touch!

Join our newsletter to receive the best traveling tips

© 2014-2023 All rights reserved. iVisa and iVisa logo are registered trademarks of

English - en |