Please note: For the citizens of Peru, learn how to renew your B1/B2 visa online by reading the information provided below. Do note that iVisa.com is only processing US B1/B2 visa renewals. If you want to renew your visa, apply here. We will be able to offer this product to new applicants very soon
In the meantime, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
The US B1/B2 Visa is one of the most popular US tourist visa options. Fortunately, you can get it renewed pretty easily right now if you’re a Peruvian citizen.
As long as you meet the requirements, you will be able to apply for your visa renewal. Continue reading the FAQs below to learn about US tourist visa renewal.
Nevertheless, what you need to make sure of before your US tourist visa renewal is that you still meet the eligibility criterion. Here are the requirements:
- You cannot renew another visa type. You must renew the visa you had in the past. For instance, if you had a B2 visa, you need to apply to renew your B2 visa. You cannot change it from a B2 to a B1.
- You did not have a visa application denied recently. In simpler terms, after your visa was issued, you tried to apply for a different visa, but your application was denied. As a result, you cannot renew your expired visa.
- The visa you want to be renewed has to be for multiple entries, and the validity must be for longer than one year.
- You still have to meet all the requirements for the individual visa. For example, if you had a B2 visa, for which you met all the requirements at the initial moment of application, you still need to fulfill those conditions. Basically, you need to check if you are still eligible for the visa you previously had. If those conditions are not met, the renewal application will be denied.
- You cannot apply for the renewal from another country other than the one you originate from. For instance, you may be tempted to apply for a US tourist visa renewal while still in the US. That is not possible. You must return to your home country and apply for the renewal there.
How to apply for a US tourist visa renewal?
The application process for a US tourist visa renewal is somewhat similar to the initial process. However, there are some differences. You need to complete the following steps:
- Step one: Pay the fees
The first thing you need to do is to pay all the fees that you owe for the US tourist visa renewal application process.
- Step two: fill in the form
You need to fill in the same DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application form you filled in when you first applied for your visa. Again, you get the confirmation page, and you can move on. Alternatively, you may apply for a US ESTA here if you did not have one in the first place.
- Step three: your interview may be waived
Unlike the initial application process, for a US tourist visa renewal, you may not have to go through the interview. You must go online, create an account, and you will get a series of questions. You need to be very careful about those because they determine whether or not your interview is waived.
- Step four: send all the supporting documents
If you receive the interview waiver, then all you must do is send all the supporting documents to the US embassy via e-mail. However, if your interview is not waived, all that is left for you to do is schedule and attend a meeting just like the first time you applied for the US tourist visa.
The bottom line is that the application process for a US tourist visa renewal is neither complicated nor simple. It is somewhere in between the two. However, as long as you pay attention and go through the process carefully, you should have your visa renewed in no time.