Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
As far as the B1 visa documents required for the application process, we can only help you so much. Before you read about them below, we advise you to call the US embassy itself and have someone tell you precisely what it is that you need. The information you find online, while vast, is not enough. The US embassy is the most reliable source of information you can use. Until then, we can tell you what you need as a general rule.
The first batch of B1 visa documents you need to put together is the one that you must have at hand when you fill in the application form. Whether you choose to do that at the embassy or online, it is entirely up to you, although we recommend the online application process because it is more convenient for you. The DS-160 form you need to fill in to get a US Business visa is available on many visa service websites, and soon will be available on iVisa as well.
Before you fill in the application form, make sure that you put together the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a B1 visa if you do not have a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the intended date of departure FROM the US.
- Photo – when you fill in the application form online, you need to upload a photograph of yourself. It needs to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo requirements.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will process it and send you the application form confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B1 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
The next batch of B1 visa documents is necessary when you go in for your interview. Please keep in mind that the list is not always the same, and it depends on the specific purpose for which you apply for a US Business visa. However, as a general rule, you will need the following:
- The paper that confirms your meeting
- The application fee receipt
- A letter in which you describe the purpose of your trip to the US
- Proof of sustenance once in the US
- Evidence that you have strong ties in your country of origin (family, job, etc.)
- Criminal record
- Documents relevant to your previous visit in the US if that is the case
- A letter from your employer and the payslips for the last three months
- A letter from a company in the US that states the purpose of your visit
With the risk of repeating, the list above is incomplete. That is because your particular case is different from other cases. That is why it is important that you call the embassy and let them know that you need a complete list of B1 visa required documents. You need to have them all at hand because the consular officer who conducts the interview will ask to see them. They will go on your file.
We hope that you find the lists above most informative, and if we can help you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support service. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.