E2 Visa for Treaty Investors

E2 Visa for Treaty Investors

iVisa | Updated on Mar 04, 2022

What is the E2 Visa?

The E2 Visa for Treaty Investor can be obtained by citizens whose countries maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States. In case you want to know which countries fall under this category, you must visit the US immigration website for the list.

We have all the information about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors in the following lines.

Who can apply for the E2 Visa?

In order to qualify for the E2 Visa, you need to have all these characteristics:

  • The investor (person, partnership, or corporation must have the citizenship of the treaty country.
  • In the case of businesses. A minimum of 50% should be owned by people with the nationality of the treaty country.
  • The investment must be substantial. Investment funds and assets must be committed to the investment.
  • The investment needs to be a real operating organization.
  • The investment must provide a significant economic impact in the US.
  • The investor must have control of the funds. Loans aren’t allowed.
  • The investor should be the one coming to the United States to develop the enterprise.

Are you ready to learn more? Let iVisa.com guide you!

How much does it cost to apply for the E2 Visa?

The visa application fee is USD 205. Remember that you may have some expenses related to supporting documents or anything else. These documents could be requested by consular officers.

We can explain more about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors.

How long does it take to process my E2 Visa?

We’re sure it won’t take you long to complete the forms. However, you will need to schedule an interview at the nearest consulate or embassy. This could take longer than expected as it depends on several factors, like your country of origin, season, amount of applications, among others. We recommend applying as soon as possible to make sure you have your E2 Visa before your trip.

Can I apply for an E2 Visa online?

As part of the procedure, you will need to complete Form DS-160, which is available online. Still, you will need to print the confirmation page for your interview. Also, the interview must be attended in person. There isn’t a possibility for the procedure to be 100% online, unfortunately.

iVisa.com will provide all the tips for the online process as we’re experts in digital visas.

How do I submit my E2 Visa?

  • Fill out Form DS-160. Don’t forget to attach the photo (follow the photo requirements from the US government).
  • Schedule the interview and collect all the documents specified by the US immigration services.
  • You may need to pay an issuance fee once the visa is approved. Wait for your E2 Visa after you have successfully performed during your interview.

iVisa.com is the best partner for US Visa as they aren’t easy.

Required documents

  • Valid passport. The validity of your passport should be a minimum of 6 months after you leave the US.
  • Form DS-160. Print the confirmation page.
  • Application fee payment receipt.
  • Photo. If you can’t attach your photo to the online application, you need to print one for the interview.
  • Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application. In this case, you must fill out Form DS-156E.

During your interview, the consular officer may request to fulfill special forms to prove your trading enterprise or investment company meets all the requirements.

iVisa.com provides all the details about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors.

Tips for filling out the E2 Visa forms

  • Use black ink. In case you want to complete the forms physically, you should use blank ink in all of them. We recommend completing them electronically and then printing them. It will be easier for you.
  • Double-check your details as you could have made a few mistakes.
  • All the documents must be in English. In case your supporting documents are in another language, you must translate them.

Learn all the details about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors.

How does applying with iVisa.com work?

iVisa.com has made sure to provide the best service in the market. Look what we have to offer you.

  • Online applications with easy language. It will only take you a few minutes to complete our online forms as we use the most simple language.
  • Experts checking your documents. Even if you make some mistakes, our experts will let you know so you can correct them. Our error-free service is all you need.
  • 100% government complaint photos. We comply with all the photo requirements established by the US government.
  • Advice throughout your journey. Any doubts along the way? Don’t worry! You have an agent waiting to solve your doubts at any time!

We know you can have the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors at any moment. Start your process now and trust iVisa.com with all the details.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enter the United States with the E2 Visa?

Although you have an approved E2 visa, airport officers could deny your entry for several reasons. Therefore, we recommend having all your paperwork with you when entering the US. Once your admission has been approved, you will have an admission stamp or Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record).

After that, you’re free to enjoy the United States under your E2 visa! Let iVisa.com explain more about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors.

Can I take my family under the E2 visa?

Yes! Your spouse and children can apply for visas to join you to reside temporarily in the United States. Children must be under age 21 in order to comply with this mandate.

The E2 Visa for Treaty Investors can be yours soon! Learn all the details with iVisa.com.

Can I trust iVisa.com?

For sure! We have been working with visa processes for years, and we have helped foreigners arrive in the United States and start the American dream. Remember that acquiring any US Visa is a great record for a future Green Card. Check what our previous customers have to say about our successful services.

I have some doubts. Who can I contact?

Reach out to our support agents, who can solve all your doubts about the E2 Visa for Treaty Investors. We can take all your questions 24 hours a day!

iVisa.com is ready to help you with all you need for your next trip to the United States.

Was this page helpful?